Ported Saws... Lets see your work fellas

Nutball

Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
It does well enough. I had used it for some hardwood the day before that video, and it did well, but it's only 34cc, so it's no match for the ms250 or 260. Pine is all I had available for the video at the time, it's a year old, but not punky yet. Keep in mind most saws make peak power around 9500rpm.

It will have very good low end torque once I increase compression lowering the exhaust port, as it is too high right now. I might tweak the intake too. I tried a bigger carb on it, but the results were not impressive. Gas guzzler with little to offer on the low end, but I ran into fuel line kinking issues, and didn't get much testing done.

Local time
Reaction score
It does well enough. I had used it for some hardwood the day before that video, and it did well, but it's only 34cc, so it's no match for the ms250 or 260. Pine is all I had available for the video at the time, it's a year old, but not punky yet. Keep in mind most saws make peak power around 9500rpm.

It will have very good low end torque once I increase compression lowering the exhaust port, as it is too high right now. I might tweak the intake too. I tried a bigger carb on it, but the results were not impressive. Gas guzzler with little to offer on the low end, but I ran into fuel line kinking issues, and didn't get much testing done.
For 34cc its impressive nicely done

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I'd share the numbers I used but I had some help with them and they arn't mine to share.
Ever play with the old jred 450? I got 2 complete and one parts saw.. parts saw is a 510sp and has 2mm bigger bore which could be fun...

Nutball

Local time
Reaction score
This is the first 352 I ported with a little extra compression. I never timed it, but I have a rough idea of what the numbers might be to base this second one off of. It felt like it had good torque, but I thought I could do better.

In Ash, stock vs ported, about 31.5 seconds stock, about 21.5s ported.
View attachment 1st 352 stock vs ported.mp4

R&R

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
This is the first 352 I ported with a little extra compression. I never timed it, but I have a rough idea of what the numbers might be to base this second one off of. It felt like it had good torque, but I thought I could do better.

In Ash, stock vs ported, about 31.5 seconds stock, about 21.5s ported.
View attachment 1066
I find it funny, bark on those logs looks just like maple on @chainsawmaster1000 's. But you are wrong!🤣

Ronie

Local time
Reaction score
440 hybrid I just finished, ported with the goal of being able to pull 30" bar in hardwood so it's not a screamer but holds the RPM well with the bar buried.

Attachments

• KIMG2889.JPG
    KIMG2889.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG2887.JPG
    KIMG2887.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG2904.JPG
    KIMG2904.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG2903.JPG
    KIMG2903.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 6

Nutball

Local time
Reaction score
I found those pictures recently when trying to remember what timing numbers I used on that 590 I posted a video of earlier:
I don't think I recorded the numbers anywhere. It runs strong in the 8000-10,000rpm range, I think it could be doing 6.0hp.

Looks like you are trying to hold around 11,500rpm with the 440, going as low as 10,000rpm, so it appears to be doing very well.

I'm about to finish the 395 and 9010, but won't get any video for a few weeks.

Local time
Reaction score
Why a 268 piston?
Taller, lighter and Single ring .. I used the windowed version to help feed my fingers. worked quite nice. Intake ended a little low once I got it dropped enough to make the compression I was looking for with my exhaust height..... Just playing around trying new stuff. Gotta keep it interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk