The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted expresses the views of their author only.
- Please Buy Ad Space: You are encouraged to support the forum by paying for ads in your Signature etc.; there are expenses for the provision of it to you.
- Be Nice and Polite: Every member deserves to be treated with respect. Positive and polite posts create a friendly and welcoming environment that all members will feel comfortable in.
- Think Before Posting: Sensible, well thought-out and legible posts help other members understand what is being explained.
- Be Considerate: We don't want home DIY people or inexperienced mechanics to be afraid to pose their opinions or questions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without being ridiculed or outcast. Create conversations; avoid confrontations.
- Post in Relevant Section(s): Posting in the most relevant section will ensure threads are seen by members most interested in the subject. Threads posted in the wrong section will generally be moved by moderators.
- Remain on Topic: Threads should remain on the topic that they are discussing, they should not be discussing other topics. A new thread should be made for a new discussion.
- Report Posts to Moderators: Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post or item by clicking the Report button located on every item, post, and review.
- Post ads in threads or in your signature without contacting us first. No store jargon or images, parts for sale jargon or images, eBay etc. Generally if it mentions selling, self-promotion, or places where selling occurs, it is disallowed. No links pointing off of this site to any sales oriented content will be permitted in your posts or sig.
- Bash ANY brand saws or parts, regardless of whether they're OEM or aftermarket.
- Treat any question as a stupid question. Every question and all input requires respect.
- Use Profanity or Post Inappropriate Content: As a family friendly forum we require that all content posted on the forum is suitable for people of all ages, this includes words, videos and pictures. This means, among other things, NO NUDITY OR PORNOGRAPHIC TERMINOLOGY
- Flame or Provoke: Do not insult or flame other members of the forum. Similarly, do not post with the intention of provoking a reaction from fellow members. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination, bullying, offensive material, racism and threats of violence or harassment.
- Spam: A spam post is a post that provides no value to the discussion, or a thread that creates nuisance for others. The most common spam posts are posting "tl:dr;", "+1", "this", posting image macros, and nothing but memes or images. Threads are considered spam when they are duplicates, or devoid of valuable content.
- Bump Threads: Posting in a thread only to bring it back to the front page of the forum is not allowed, a thread should only be on the front page of a forum if there is active discussion taking place. The only exceptions to this rule are a small number of help sections, if the section permits bumping this will be noted in the section rules.
- Behave in a Malicious Manner: Do not behave in a manner that can cause distress, harm or inconvenience to other members, staff or the forum itself. This includes, but is not limited to, using multiple forum accounts, breaching others privacy and accessing others accounts without permission.
- Engage in Illegal Activity: ChainsawForum.com is located in the United States, so United States law must be followed at all times. This includes Copyright law and Computer Misuse law (Malware, Virus etc.).
- Openly argue with a moderator
- Political/Religious content: Please refrain from making posts that are political religious in nature. Posts of this type will be removed. Repeat offenders may be banned.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.