Chainsaw pic's

Blasterman

Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
It sure does make it easier to get what you are dreaming about down the road and into the trees.
The 395 cylinder and piston was the set that was the easiest to use. Same piston pin diameter and length to fit the poulan 5200 crank that was almost to easy to fit in the case. I need to do a little port timing to get things back in order the way they should be. It is a Ripper for sure. I tried to use the carb from the 395 but it just didn't work well so I went with the 5400 poulan carb. The fuel line and linkage was easier to get hooked up with it. Lots of thinking about how to do this and that but I sure enjoyed the project.
The only thing that needs help with is the clutch. The 3400 type just doesn't have the grabbing power with a 30 inch bar. With the double cutouts in the muffler it almost sounds like a twin.

Bbqmann

Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
It sure does make it easier to get what you are dreaming about down the road and into the trees.
The 395 cylinder and piston was the set that was the easiest to use. Same piston pin diameter and length to fit the poulan 5200 crank that was almost to easy to fit in the case. I need to do a little port timing to get things back in order the way they should be. It is a Ripper for sure. I tried to use the carb from the 395 but it just didn't work well so I went with the 5400 poulan carb. The fuel line and linkage was easier to get hooked up with it. Lots of thinking about how to do this and that but I sure enjoyed the project.
The only thing that needs help with is the clutch. The 3400 type just doesn't have the grabbing power with a 30 inch bar. With the double cutouts in the muffler it almost sounds like a twin.
Sweet

Nutball

Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
What's the stock bore and stroke on that saw?

Blasterman

Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
The stock bore of a poulan 3400 is 1.812 inch or 46.03.mm
Stroke is 1.319 inch or 33.5 mm
Green Ripper has a 56 mm bore 2.205 inch
Stroke is 39.69 mm or 1.562 inch
Hope this helps you find out what you are looking for.