Chainsaw pic's

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
20200729_171549.jpg

My Mcculloch ProMac 700 and part of a large maple trunk I just had to have for firewood. 28" bar barely got it done from both sides This trunk should have been milled; it was all beautifuly twisted grain. Someone got to it before me though and had ruined it with partial bucking cuts right in the meat of it.

20200730_173906.jpg

It's tough to tell in the picture, but none of the pieces had any straight grain. I ended up noodling the entire thing into firewood sized pieces after breaking welds on the hydraulic splitter.

Mastermind

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 500

My Mcculloch ProMac 700 and part of a large maple trunk I just had to have for firewood. 28" bar barely got it done from both sides This trunk should have been milled; it was all beautifuly twisted grain. Someone got to it before me though and had ruined it with partial bucking cuts right in the meat of it.

View attachment 501

It's tough to tell in the picture, but none of the pieces had any straight grain. I ended up noodling the entire thing into firewood sized pieces after breaking welds on the hydraulic splitter.

Yeah, you can see it in the bark. Out by itself where the wind was constantly twisting it I bet.

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Last edited: