Y'all got an introduction thread?

BlacknTan

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
My name is Bill, from NY.. upstate and down, but love my adopted town if Indian Lake NY.

Retired Tool & Die Maker. Bounced around alot until I found my way to Brookhaven National Laboratory to ply my trade. Some interesting work, some no so much. Last stop in the Physics Department where I rubbed elbows with some famous scientists. A few were very kind and gracious to this blue collar guy. I loved my work, sometimes miss turning handles, especially when I need a machine for my hobbies. Still have friends amongst old employers and co workers. One gent from the weld shop builds chassis' for NASCAR Whelen Cup Modifieds ... the gent that TIGs up my mufflers... an absolute artist!

Anyway, 72 years old, but still get done what needs to get done. Broken both elbows, one knee, one shoulder, and froze the other shoulder, and three ribs over the course of my adult life and a bit of a mis-spent youth.

Married about 50 years... maybe 51, don't remember. Two kids, and five grandchildren. The grandkids the light of this old gasbag's life!

Started with Husqvarna.. will end with Husqvarna, but truth be told, I like 'em all! I'm an amateur at best, but try like hell to be safe enough to wake up tomorrow. But, i always said I'd rather buy the farm doing what i like instead of in a hospital bed. If I get that choice..

Been into lots of things over the years. A lifelong affair with gundogs... the vast majority field bred Setters of various lineage. Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays for the vast majority of my adult life, but age takes a toll... reflexes, eyesight, you know the rest. Most of the guys I shot with have passed on... hard to jump on with a squad of young guys... that's the way life goes.

Anyway, happy to be here.. and happy to get my hands dirty with chainsaws.

Last edited:

BUDDY G

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
O man that glaze
And The oil tank pit
136052757_10218645734911317_3827144094541827108_n.jpg
j
just finished this one ...haven't had a chance to fire her up;)

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
My name is Bill, from NY.. upstate and down, but love my adopted town if Indian Lake NY.

Retired Tool & Die Maker. Bounced around alot until I found my way to Brookhaven National Laboratory to ply my trade. Some interesting work, some no so much. Last stop in the Physics Department where I rubbed elbows with some famous scientists. A few were very kind and gracious to this blue collar guy. I loved my work, sometimes miss turning handles, especially when I need a machine for my hobbies. Still have friends amongst old employers and co workers. One gent from the weld shop builds chassis' for NASCAR Whelen Cup Modifieds ... the gent that TIGs up my mufflers... an absolute artist!

Anyway, 72 years old, but still get done what needs to get done. Broken both elbows, one knee, one shoulder, and froze the other shoulder, and three ribs over the course of my adult life and a bit of a mis-spent youth.

Married about 50 years... maybe 51, don't remember. Two kids, and five grandchildren. The grandkids the light of this old gasbag's life!

Started with Husqvarna.. will end with Husqvarna, but truth be told, I like 'em all! I'm an amateur at best, but try like hell to be safe enough to wake up tomorrow. But, i always said I'd rather buy the farm doing what i like instead of in a hospital bed. If I get that choice..

Been into lots of things over the years. A lifelong affair with gundogs... the vast majority field bred Setters of various lineage. Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays for the vast majority of my adult life, but age takes a toll... reflexes, eyesight, you know the rest. Most of the guys I shot with have passed on... hard to jump on with a squad of young guys... that's the way life goes.

Anyway, happy to be here.. and happy to get my hands dirty with chainsaws.

So, Black & Tan is not a reference to Guinness followed up with a Jamesons?
You are a good keen man to run Setters...... and those things can run! Great dog if you have a 200 acre backyard. I was more a Pointer fan, German Wirehaired ones in particular.
What was your Trap gun of choice? My Father bought a Pidgeon Grade Winchester 101 when I was a teenager, poor old Dad could shoot better with his old 1400 Semi than he could with the 101, but the odd time I was allowed to use it down the line, it was PERFECT. Loved it, until he had 3/4" lopped off the buttstock- so it fitted him better as he is 5'6"and I am 6'.

BlacknTan

Local time
Reaction score
Yep, those setters can run! Had an English Setter out of Ultimate Reissue. The GPS collar often lost communication with her. But, she was a great little dog! Four years later, I still miss her pretty badly. Had a few Field Gordons, have one now... nice little girl. I used to belong to the local GSP club.. gave it up about two years ago. Nice dogs!
I've got more than one gun. Haven't shot trap seriously in years. Have a Perazzi MX-8 Combo.. 32-34 top single. I cut my teeth on Trap, moved to Skeet, then on to Sporting when it showed up over here. The game has changed alot over the years.. Skeet in the Woods, and i lost interest.. especially after my buddies passed on. I still belong to the club, but don't shoot too often anymore. The 101 was a very nice shotgun.. I always admired them. Tried to buy a 20 for field work a few years ago, but the seller had a bug and wouldn't sell to a New Yorker. I understand his issues.. but it wasn't my fault..

Had some good times with dogs and shotguns..

Here's Sandy, RIP, my little English. 31 pounds soakin' wet!

EIGMED0.jpg

My current Gordon, Ivy... she can motor also...

q1I245q.jpg

Chris Paul

Local time
Reaction score
Hey guys, glad to be here. Good site so far. Lots of fresh ideas. Been here for a minute, like a lot of things missed this thread. I currently reside in Georgia. Got the CAD when just a lad. We had a tornado run through my folks back yard in my young days.ade a real mess of our wooded lakeside lot. Stepfather bought a Homelite easy and a Pro Mac 650. We were always the warm spot in the many winters to follow. Been gonzo for the trees ever since. At 51 starting a wood ministry and collecting older axes for something to work on. I believe in training and PPE. I also have learned there isn't a substitute for getting out there and doing the work. Great site learning lots.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey guys! For those that do not know me. My name is Gary! Saws are a full time gig of mine. I own Buxton Work Saws. It started as a small repair shop and chain sharpening business ran by my grandfather. I've pretty much transformed it into a performance business. Other than saws I enjoy Harleys, camping, fishing and... Oh ya a good BBQ! I was asked to help moderate so I guess if you have any concerns or questions. I'm one of your guys. Hope everyone enjoys the new forum!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Bbqmann

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Ron from S Texas ...love to bbq. Built a bbq pit will fire up 12 briskets at a time sits on a 36 Hudson Terraplane axle n frame. Building a vertical 30"x 6'.
Been bbqin 50 years ..
Own a hooski 350 . A jonnyred 625 need a few parts for it and two 3400 poulans..
A twenty ton log splitter .

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_145938.jpg
    IMG_20210920_145938.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6