So what’s the best 2 stroke oil?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
Maybe canola for bar oil but NOT for mix oil! I don’t know that I can emphasize those words strong enough!!!

I DO hope that you’re joking. Please tell me your kidding.
Don't panic- it is just one of the usual replies to the every second post on other forums that are yet ANOTHER oil thread.
Generally speaking, most people get heartily sick of oil threads and the fact they get repeated at least twice a week on other forum sites- so some of the replies get a bit tongue in cheek and this one had the perfect answer just a couple of posts in.

• Haha
Reactions: Tyy

jasent

Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Maybe we should avoid false info in this forum.
For threads that get asked a million times I typically use a copy and paste answer or just keep scrolling. Jmo

• Wow
Reactions: Tyy

EggShooterist

Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
Maybe canola for bar oil but NOT for mix oil! I don’t know that I can emphasize those words strong enough!!!

I DO hope that you’re joking. Please tell me your kidding.
Obviously my reputation hasn't precededed me. Lol
I have ran 3/4 of a gallon of 40:1 canola oil mix in one of my extensive oil tests. I've tested ATF, non detergent motor oil and the list is long. I only tested the canola oil because some "mechanic" on another forum swore up and down he uses 40:1 canola in everything. Even the rentals at his shop.

Woodpecker

Local time
Reaction score
Obviously my reputation hasn't precededed me. Lol
I have ran 3/4 of a gallon of 40:1 canola oil mix in one of my extensive oil tests. I've tested ATF, non detergent motor oil and the list is long. I only tested the canola oil because some "mechanic" on another forum swore up and down he uses 40:1 canola in everything. Even the rentals at his shop.
This is a safe place Steve feel free to show your results if you like. Kick this sucka off right aye

EggShooterist

Local time
Reaction score
Don't panic- it is just one of the usual replies to the every second post on other forums that are yet ANOTHER oil thread.
Generally speaking, most people get heartily sick of oil threads and the fact they get repeated at least twice a week on other forum sites- so some of the replies get a bit tongue in cheek and this one had the perfect answer just a couple of posts in.
All y'all taking oil way to seriously already it looks like. I'll say this, in an emergency, you most definitely can run canola oil. Long term, I wouldn't. I highly recommend you never run ATF as. Mix oil.

EggShooterist

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe we should avoid false info in this forum.
For threads that get asked a million times I typically use a copy and paste answer or just keep scrolling. Jmo
Lemme ask you something? Have you ran canola oil mix? How do you know its false information? My post was a joke but with some truth behind it. I figured it would start the conversation rolling and here we are.

jasent

Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Lemme ask you something? Have you ran canola oil mix? How do you know its false information? My post was a joke but with some truth behind it. I figured it would start the conversation rolling and here we are.
I took your post as a joke. I was unaware of your testing different oils. Though to be honest even if you showed me your saw running on that oil I wouldn’t use it or recommend it. It sounds like it worked but my spider senses say no thanks.

I see these oil posts often to and it drives me nuts when folks give bad advice as a joke. Not that it matters much to anyone else just how I feel. I don’t expect anyone else to cater to my feelings.

But I was that guy wanting to take the best care of my new saw and asked a million questions just like this one. I’m glad I got good info

I’d love to read about your oil testing