Poulan/Poulan Pro Chainsaw Thread

• Thread starter BayouCountryPowerSaws
  • Start date

Red_tiller

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi all! I have a Poulan 5200. One of the internal muffler bolts will not tighten. The threads in the cylinder are badly worn. What can I do? I was thinking about tapping to a larger size bolt. Thanks in advance.

Labfab

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi all! I have a Poulan 5200. One of the internal muffler bolts will not tighten. The threads in the cylinder are badly worn. What can I do? I was thinking about tapping to a larger size bolt. Thanks in advance.
Tap to the next size, install a thread repair insert of your liking, have it welded in and drill/tap it. Any of those are solid repairs.

Blasterman

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
The thread size is 12-24 for the 5200 muffler bolts for those that are interested. You can go with a heil coil, brand name, or you can go up in size to 1/4-20. I like to keep them stock size but the thread kits are in the 35.00 dollar range. Good luck with what you choose and if I can help I will.

Last edited:

Blasterman

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know how to check the 5200 type coil and module. The manual tells you to use a check light. Is the light just a flash light with 2 wires hooked up to it. I wish I had one to copy.