Poulan/Poulan Pro Chainsaw Thread

• Thread starter BayouCountryPowerSaws
  • Start date
B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

This will be the start of the Poulan brand specific thread.

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

So I feel like I need to help people out with the proper pronunciation of this brand. It is pronounced "Pole-en" Most times it is said with an accent and I understand that cant be helped lol, but that is the proper pronunciation of the brand. As explained in the video linked below.

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

Love me some old school Poulans.
Like the ones in that right there.
And this one here

Kensie if your watching your Poulan history vid is the very first thing of yours I ever saw. Tis how I found your channel sir.

Bruce
Yessir, gotta show some love too them since most have forgotten about how good they were back in the day!

Labfab

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to have to adjust to forum life, images too large to upload. Trying to post my 475 I just ported😑

theammixman

Local time
Reaction score
I'm going to have to adjust to forum life, images too large to upload. Trying to post my 475 I just ported😑
I want to see this!

How big are these pics?? It’s 2021, I can’t believe forums and email still has such small limits. I mean I get why but cell phone pics have/can be over 10 megs for quite some time now.

Labfab

Local time
Reaction score
I want to see this!

How big are these pics?? It’s 2021, I can’t believe forums and email still has such small limits. I mean I get why but cell phone pics have/can be over 10 megs for quite some time now.
6.1 MB yeah that's a bunch of the reason I never messed with forums much, was a pain in the arse to post pictures properly through a host.

theammixman

Local time
Reaction score
6.1mb. That’s ridiculous!!! Ludicrous!

@BayouCountryPowerSaws You have the pull to have that brought up to something reasonable like 20mb?? I know. I know. I do know, really. It’s about renting the server space.

However. For example:

My 6 year old iPhone takes 12mb pictures sometimes. Typically they are under 10 but sometimes not. Also, how we gonna share manuals with a 6meg limit. Having to email them to one another kinda defeats the purpose of wide spread sharing and availability.

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

@BayouCountryPowerSaws You have the pull to have that brought up to something reasonable like 20mb?? I know. I know. I do know, really. It’s about renting the server space.

However. For example
My 6 year old iPhone takes 12mb pictures sometimes. Typically they are under 10 but sometimes not. Also, how we gonna share manuals with a 6meg limit. Having to email them to one another kinda defeats the purpose of wide spread sharing and availability.
I will bring this up and have a chat with the guys at HL Supply, see what our options are to allow for larger uploads.

theammixman

Local time
Reaction score
I will bring this up and have a chat with the guys at HL Supply, see what our options are to allow for larger uploads.
Thank you sir! I have developed high hopes for this forum. Chainsawforum.com is as simple as it gets for good simple www addresses to remember. See what happens. I’m not typically some keyboard warrior but I utilize AS when I need to, and assist others when I can and (as long as I know what I’m talking about). It would be nice to look up one day and have this place be a wealth of information. The place to go for chainsaw nuts. It’s def got the right web address for it.

Kensie if have some thoughts on thread structure if you care to hear them. Gonna need to be organized IMO if it gets busy here.

chainsawforum.com TTF!

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

Thank you sir! I have developed high hopes for this forum. Chainsawforum.com is as simple as it gets for good simple www addresses to remember. See what happens. I’m not typically some keyboard warrior but I utilize AS when I need to, and assist others when I can and (as long as I know what I’m talking about). It would be nice to look up one day and have this place be a wealth of information. The place to go for chainsaw nuts. It’s def got the right web address for it.

Kensie if have some thoughts on thread structure if you care to hear them. Gonna need to be organized IMO if it gets busy here.

chainsawforum.com TTF!
Yessir, we just started with subjects that had the most traffic in other places, but as the number increases we will definitely need to implement something, I'm all ears if you want to message me.

YWPD

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Reaction score

However. For example:

5.5mb test...

Attachments

• 20200822_145405.jpg
    20200822_145405.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5

Labfab

Local time
Reaction score
Images uploading now, excellent. 6.1 MB was the largest image I tried, all others were smaller and wouldn't load due to being too large.

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_001619329.jpg
    IMG_20210904_001619329.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

Images uploading now, excellent. 6.1 MB was the largest image I tried, all others were smaller and wouldn't load due to being too large.
I'm digging that muffler mod!

Poulan2150

Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
I have a poulan 2150 that I believe is starving for fuel it runs for about 30 seconds and dies any help is appreciated.