For sale 372xp oe

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Nobody cares that you can by a new 592 for same cost basically. Guys that buy the new 288's 1201's 7900 372 OE do it because thats what they want. If you want a 592 585 put your 1300 out and buy one.
Some folks want old school new stuff you cant buy in US anymore. Not new stuff anyone can buy.

There's a reason all those new 660 sold too in last big batch. Because folks dont like that 661 that is a hiccup away from leaving you not cutting. Who cares the 661 is stronger in the cuts when it wont cut. Least the 660 keeps on cutting even being the slowest of the 90cc bunch.

Old school seems to last for ever if you havent noticed. Will this new stuff still be going and built 20-30 years later. Doubtful.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
You can get a 592xp for $1300 here in the states ? I’m listening

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
Reaction score
I'll just say they are in the US if you know folks. Several getting ported in US right now.

Friend that I just sold the ported 3120 to that drove to my place to pick up, ordered a 592XPG with 32" light weight bar and price was $1436.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I just did 6 trees processed into firewood. I’ve got enough for a 592xp PHO and PLENTY of test wood( I’ve got the cannon bar adapter so I run the STIHL bars). I can Hotwoods port that saw in a day if it’s similar to the 572xp which it appears to be. Maybe do a build thread on it eh? If you have the connections and can get one to wny I’ll scoop one up

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I’d take a 288xp too .... for the right price 😁

Find an old crapper and build it up then, looks like it is well within your capabilities, doing that will keep you busy from annoying folk that are selling brand new models of old iconic saws because people are looking for new stock of those models.
Then buy yourself a 5** whatever when they become available to you.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
If I had the choice I’d take an out of the box new 066 , IF you can find one

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Find an old crapper and build it up then, looks like it is well within your capabilities, doing that will keep you busy from annoying folk that are selling brand new models of old iconic saws because people are looking for new stock of those models.
Then buy yourself a 5** whatever when they become available to you.
Wasn’t my intention to annoy the guy... He stated his price of $1200 and I said I wasn’t willing to pay that much, maybe different for you ... anyhoo Scooped up an 044 , runs /cuts strong though a little rough around the edges. Looks like a good candidate for a saw shop makeover. The 044 was Andreas STIHLS baby and it shows .... Now .... just need an 066!

Last edited:

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Nice looking saw! Looks like he included the high top or is it just an optical illusion?