Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf vs Husqvarna 460 Rancher

Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
I would like to forward your problem to the importer that I am beginning to work with. I promise that nothing will happen from me that happened to you from the other dealer. Please give my an email that they can contact you and I will copy it with your problem. Thanks,
Steven

Oakie

Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
I would like to forward your problem to the importer that I am beginning to work with. I promise that nothing will happen from me that happened to you from the other dealer. Please give my an email that they can contact you and I will copy it with your problem. Thanks,
Steven
My Efco Problem, I am in Ireland, and contacted Efco in Italy, they contacted the
Irish importer, below is what was written to me from Italy on the 26.07.2022,
No contact made at all by the Irish importer, and a be back on the 29th or August
message from Andrea Vezzani, am very surprised a company the size of Efco has
not put someone in place to cover holiday leave of the only public face I could find
for Efco when I required their assistance.
I removed my name at the top.
Hi ?????

Thanks for your message.

You will be contacted very soon by Camsaw Distributors, our Efco partner in Ireland.

Best regards,

Andrea Vezzani

Very soon must have a very different meaning in Efco 's eyes.

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
It means to us that Andrea Vezzani has the power to get things done at the corporate level.
I will let you know how that works out. Am sure the Irish importers will find a way
around doing anything, in support of their buddy the dealer I purchased of.

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
I would not be so sure. A bad dealer is bad for the brand as a whole. I try to be up front and straight with my customers. Maybe that is why they keep coming back. Steve
Exactly Steve, but the dealer I had the misfortune to buy from I do not trust,
from the instant I found zero oil residue in the tank, or fuel residue in the tank,
I knew the saw was not tested before going out, my initial complaint was the saw
chain would tighten and loosen as I spinned it by hand, I found this as I assembled
the saw, but I never started it. I asked to return the saw and get a refund, as
this would avoid any further issues, which I could tell I would have with this
dealer.

Getting no where, I had to start the saw to cut the head of two post, 4 inch posts.
This was a task, the saw did not want to start, it did not want to run when it was
started, I had to hold 1/4 throttle to keep it running, but it was rough, I put the saw
down and stopped it, when I went to restart, it would not start, I lifted the idle, no
help, I screwed out the low a little, no help, next up I pulled the cord and found no
resistance, this lead me to take off the side cover, and find the key sheared.

I notified the dealer of this, no response, I left it for a while, and asked them to
warranty the broken part, no response, I even sent them images of the sheared key.

That's when I contacted EFCO directly.

At this stage I would need compensation for the torture caused to me.
I then had no choice but to buy another saw, more time passed and as I got no support,
I had to fix the EFCO at my own expense, otherwise I would of had to scrap it.

Very disappointed with EFCO.

Last edited:

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
We need to let the Efco manager have time to get things going. I was quite surprised when I saw his email. But that is a good thing. Thanks, Steven
For me its not so simple, I needed a saw, not one that did not work,
the fact no help was forthcoming pushed me to do what I did not want
to, buy another saw, and then when I finaly located a part fix the EFCO.
Really not acceptable, who on earth would wait from feb past to get what
should take very little time.

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you but I need to let Mr. Verzanni investigate the problem. He is someone who my importer network would contact so for now I must wait. Thanks, Steven
Yes, I intend to wait and see what EFCO care to do for me. Hopefully I will have good news,
I always like to support those competing with the big two, they are a European company too
and I like to support local business where at all possible, I also like that there is no complicate
tech used, such as Mtronic or Autotune, neither of which I am a fan of, being a mechanic myself
and haveing dealt with a lot of customers, I know they appreciate being able to work on their own
power equipment, not just to save money, but to be able to get up and running again in a short time,
which is often not possible with you have a dealer who is not that supportive.
I suppose that is why I am disappointed with the response from EFCO, as they seemed to tick most
of the boxes the ordinary person would want.
So, final verdict not yet in.

Tyy

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Yes, I intend to wait and see what EFCO care to do for me. Hopefully I will have good news,
I always like to support those competing with the big two, they are a European company too
and I like to support local business where at all possible, I also like that there is no complicate
tech used, such as Mtronic or Autotune, neither of which I am a fan of, being a mechanic myself
and haveing dealt with a lot of customers, I know they appreciate being able to work on their own
power equipment, not just to save money, but to be able to get up and running again in a short time,
which is often not possible with you have a dealer who is not that supportive.
I suppose that is why I am disappointed with the response from EFCO, as they seemed to tick most
of the boxes the ordinary person would want.
So, final verdict not yet in.
Efco is a joke , sorry for you loss . Stihl is not much better , as is Echo's sham of a 5 yr warranty . There are Echo Dealers that make up for their less than Stellar Distributors , however don't hold your breath since most tow the Company line . Husquarna with its reduced model line has trouble in the current market place , however stand behind their product & support customer concerns !

Local time
Reaction score
I have been promised good support by my distributor for the Efco line. I also have no complaints with Makita's support for my products except that they stopped making gas products. My company did not have enough gross sales for either Husqvarna or Stihl. But there seems to that there are too many Stihl dealers in a small area which makes me wonder why they demand gross sales of $250,000.00 per dealer each year. I guess that we will see how things go.

Tyy

Local time
Reaction score
Efco Dealers have closed up all over North America , once a proud Italian saw Manufacturer , bought out by an offshore party , running the business into the ground by mismanagement . Makita , like Solo just another orphan saw Manufacturer now . Actually , Shindawia was another quality saw line that due to poor management & distributor network , killed any productive dealership value much like Echo , which has lost a lot of credibility in the lumbering sector , with it current warranty policies !

Tyy

Local time
Reaction score
Dolmar was mismanaged by Makita to the point that their sales were down by letting their dealer network atrophy and depending on Home Depot. I hope that somebody buys the factory. They made a good product.
That is the same factor that caused Efco to flounder within North America , Echo is doomed to follow the same path with its non existant Commercial following & ridiculas homeowner warranty policy & internal politics. Locally we have a fine Husquarna Dealership , very atune to customer needs . The local Stihl Dealership with its proprietary policies has dwindled in Sales both Commercially & Homeowner Sales . I rarely frequent any Dealership prefer now to deal online for most product needs .

Local time
Reaction score
I will sell Makita gas outdoor power equipment as long as it is available and have begun purchasing Efco equipment. I hope that I can make a go with these two companies. Because my company is a service center for both Makita and Efco now, people come to me for repair on various outdoor equipment. This work crosses over with my electric repair business which I have operated since 2015. The gas and battery products have electrical circuits. Your opinion about Echo would explain the small interest that I have received with their chainsaws that I sell. Thanks,

Tyy

Local time
Reaction score
I will sell Makita gas outdoor power equipment as long as it is available and have begun purchasing Efco equipment. I hope that I can make a go with these two companies. Because my company is a service center for both Makita and Efco now, people come to me for repair on various outdoor equipment. This work crosses over with my electric repair business which I have operated since 2015. The gas and battery products have electrical circuits. Your opinion about Echo would explain the small interest that I have received with their chainsaws that I sell. Thanks,
Most likely you will do well with the secondary Makita residual electrical volume . As for the Efco they had a few Professional grade models much like Husky & Stihl . Unfortunately even good products alone is not enough . Same with Echo , perhaps you can maintain a nitche in the local market at least within the homeowner market . Echo really does have a fair model line of homeowner saws with the 490 & 590 Timber Wolf series . The 620 P & 2511 & 7310 & 2511 Series is a serious pro-grade saw line . The 1201P was a serious big cube powerhouse very similar to the Stihl 070 & 090 . Unfortunately never got a big following , or usage within North America much like the previous 900EVL . Currently Echo has established a poor record within their warranty policy over the last few years , that Commercial loggers will not tolerate , which you may be able change locally perhaps.

Last edited: