Who wants a Chainsaw Giveaway?

Could you, or someone you know, use a free chainsaw if we give one away at some point?

• No thanks, all stocked up here.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I guess... I'd give it to my friend though.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yup, I'd put it to good use.

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • There's always room on my workbench (truck) for one more.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

Post to social media
We are currently working on that.

We don't want to be too spammy trying to get the word out about the new forum.

I also don't want to draw people in just with a give away either, it would be nice for it to be more of a reward for being part of the community here, then drawing people in with the hopes they can win free stuff. But that just my opinion.

Thanks for coming in to check things out!

Wooly's World

Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score

I also don't want to draw people in just with a give away either, it would be nice for it to be more of a reward for being part of the community here, then drawing people in with the hopes they can win free stuff. But that just my opinion.

i did a give away on one of my YouTube channels a little while back, i didn't announce it or anything , i just randomly picked a video and picked a random comment. you could try something like that

YWPD

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
I would love to see a give away- are we talking a saw built by one of the admin? 🤝

Given my own particular geographic location and the international shipping of something the weight of a 395XP (I could use one honest!)
If I win a saw giveaway I either get to pick the charity to donate it to- or if it has to go to a member Stateside- I get to choose which.

Would be kind of cool if the forum could start a programme- say for kids or veterans, teach building saws and or using saws- give a saw away to one of them? Not for me to say- just a pipe dream- but would be cool to be able to give back to the next generation, or introduce a new skill to someone down on his or her luck.

YWPD

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
I would love to see a give away- are we talking a saw built by one of the admin? 🤝

Given my own particular geographic location and the international shipping of something the weight of a 395XP (I could use one honest!)
If I win a saw giveaway I either get to pick the charity to donate it to- or if it has to go to a member Stateside- I get to choose which.

Would be kind of cool if the forum could start a programme- say for kids or veterans, teach building saws and or using saws- give a saw away to one of them? Not for me to say- just a pipe dream- but would be cool to be able to give back to the next generation, or introduce a new skill to someone down on his or her luck.
No, probably a brand new saw. (Either a Echo, Shindaiwa, or Husqvarna.)

Nutball

Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
I have a friend who could use one. His one and only saw a 355t he uses for general around the house use got pinched in a log when someone else was using it, and they tugged on it until the handle ripped off.

Chris Paul

Local time
Reaction score
I know a fella at work with five kids and no hobbies. I am working on getting him in the wood. He could use one, nothing fancy.