To plug or not to plug…

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Yes, it's certainly subjective. Having not started out with decomps, they don't excite me.

Like you, except for the J'reds 90 I mentioned(and why), I leave them unless they are causing trouble. Do I use them...nah.

Kevin

Yes, but you used big saws professionally and know how to start large capacity, high compression saws properly.
For those that never learned, or were never shown how to, the decomp is a handy cold start feature that can save busted pawls, broken ropes and be a little friendlier to the fingers on the hand attached to the recoil handle! :LOL:

Real1

Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Yes, but you used big saws professionally and know how to start large capacity, high compression saws properly.
For those that never learned, or were never shown how to, the decomp is a handy cold start feature that can save busted pawls, broken ropes and be a little friendlier to the fingers on the hand attached to the recoil handle! :LOL:
I can't argue with that.:cool:

Given a lot of the older pro J'reds run over 200psi often, if not using a trick/hack, you can nearly break your fingers.

Kevin