The New Blue (soon in orange) G395

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
I see they have been released in the US of A, even the odd mention on youtube.
Who bought one?
What are your first impressions?
What needs done from the get go?
Can you compare one side by side with a genuine 395XP?

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
😇

Added touch to mine from restoring huskys years back. Come in blue and orange 339 359 shipped. Took 3 days from US stock Farmertec.

Most of the video dont do justice. They running them pig fat out of the box. 9-10K. I turned mine up to 12.2ish and rips like oem even on first cuts.

g395xpx.jpg
g395orangee.jpg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Not seen one here yet- have not ordered one- do not need one, but figured others might be curious.
Arriving rich tuned is not a bad thing- perhaps a whole lot better than some other modern offerings that arrive tuned a tad lean!
I could repeat that, but then it would be an Echo.

In my opinion, from the examples I have seen, the early reverse engineered saws were horrible (the 372 wannabes that were somewhat less than 365's) and they slowly got better. Maybe the 395 is a bit better than bad to average from the get go?
Would like to see someone put a degree wheel on one and measure ports compared to a Husqvarna cylinder, or a dyno test.
24 months in the hands of a professional faller would be the measure of them, if they can survive that and still be running, they might be on to something.

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
Reaction score
Early was early. The new stuff is so much improved. No comparison to early stuff. I get them because I am curious to see. Plus I like the older saws.

My G660 if I would close my eyes when testing and handed me the oem one I was testing with it would have never known which was which in cuts etc.

My G888 was out cutting the oem 088. Etc etc etc.

Most guys buying the big stuff dont want to spend 1200-1500 for 90cc milling saw. They get in these for 250-350 and run them for years on the mill. Now the 66 some do break the crank just like the oem 66 do right behind clutch. To me that was a oem flaw design. But is what it is.

Firewood guys love them too. More saw for their buck then the plastic crap for twice the money.

g6603222.jpg g660244.jpg g888444466.jpg g888cbb.jpg g888cb.jpg g444g372pr.jpg g466g444g660g366.jpg g466g444.jpg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Oh I get why people buy them, can fully understand for a relative low usage hours per year why they would be appealing, compared to the asking price for the genuine article.
What I am interested in is how the like of port timing compared to the originals, peak power measurements and delivery blue versus genuine orange.
My own personal experiences with Chinese copy saws mainly stems from repairing locally bought ones that fail in one way or another. 372 copies have been somewhat average quality wise. The replacement chain brake/ clutch covers for the 2## series Husqvarnas have been down right horrible to near useless, plastics are thin, flimsy, ill fitting and I have an 066 built with say 80% Chinese parts including a 56mm "big bore" cylinder that cannot hold a candle to my stock flat top 066- but have never bought one of the complete copy saws or complete saw kits.

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
Reaction score
Thats easy. ;) MS660 is cylinder copied. Why I said runs like 660. I had no decomp 066 a couple of them. Big difference in OEM saws too. ;)

G466 copied after the crap MS460 cylinder. Had to use a 046 cylinder D cc to get it to run like it should.

The blue 372 are just a no. Only the 372xp pro white ones. I wont even tell folks about the blue one. That one was a no.

G444 runs like a MS440. G366 cut like a MS361. My G111 cuts like my 200T did.

Like OEM you got to know what to buy. ;)

g372H372G444.jpg

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I am a recent Makita Outdoor Power Equipment Dealer and did a lot of research on chainsaw brands that I would carry. After looking at numerous Chinese chainsaw companies I chose not to add Holzfforma chainsaws to my line up because Holzfforma is basically an export/import company. I could never find out what companies actually made their different models. Therefore I could not support any Holzfforma chainsaws that I sold with parts and maintenance. So I decided to take on NewTop and Auston. However I may just focus on NewTop. Their 660 chainsaw holds its own against my Husqvarna 385XP. They both use Walbro carborators as well as Echo and other quality parts. I picked up NewTop because neither Makita or Echo have chainsaws in this class. Because Makita stopped their gas chainsaw production I am now looking into becoming a Husqvarna chainsaw dealer later this year. However, I do know people that swear by Holzfforma and the 660 model. So I wish you luck.

Attachments

• Husqvarna395XP.JPG
    Husqvarna395XP.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • NewTop9200.JPG
    NewTop9200.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Cooperize

Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi I had noticed that all advertising and chat always say holtzfforma made but as you say thay do not make anything just buy and sell now I do buy a lot of parts from them just because it’s easier to deal with one company rather than loads of different ones and there parts are as good as I have found in china

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. NewTop is an ISO 9001 internationally recognized quality corporation. They also have patents on carburator improvements over the Stihl originals. Austin has received TUV certification by the European Common Market. I have no problem purchasing parts that I need from them either. I like the product line that Holtzffforma has as it is more robust than either NewTop or Auston at this time. Stihl, Husqvarna, Makita and Echo are also ISO certified. I could not find anything about Holzfforma Farmertec being internationally certified.

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
First I heard of piston slap in a new saw, this guy measures the clearance,
turns out the piston is out of spec from new, and inconsistent too.
Again, not running down the saw, but this is why I go pro.

Local time
Reaction score
I sell the Holzfforma G888. However, I had to install the dogs and a spacer. One of the lock bolts was the wrong type, which I was shocked by this, I will have to go to a screw store to get the correct one. They also have a three month warranty. The Chinese brands that I import have a one year warranty. No one knows who makes the G888. What you said does not surprise me. I now sell the Hanakowa 660 clone as well and it is an ISO9001 company.

Attachments

• Holzfforma42inch.JPG
    Holzfforma42inch.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • HanakowaCannon34Inch.JPG
    HanakowaCannon34Inch.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
I sell the Holzfforma G888. However, I had to install the dogs and a spacer. One of the lock bolts was the wrong type, which I was shocked by this, I will have to go to a screw store to get the correct one. They also have a three month warranty. The Chinese brands that I import have a one year warranty. No one knows who makes the G888. What you said does not surprise me. I now sell the Hanakowa 660 clone as well and it is an ISO9001 company.
I like how they come with a Canon Superbar😍

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. NewTop is an ISO 9001 internationally recognized quality corporation. They also have patents on carburator improvements over the Stihl originals. Austin has received TUV certification by the European Common Market. I have no problem purchasing parts that I need from them either. I like the product line that Holtzffforma has as it is more robust than either NewTop or Auston at this time. Stihl, Husqvarna, Makita and Echo are also ISO certified. I could not find anything about Holzfforma Farmertec being internationally certified.
You can say your company adheres to 9001 standards, and not be breaking any law.
The standard are not accredited by the actual people who publish the guidelines.
Private companies are the ones who certify those who apply and prove they are implementing
the standards, but the company can fall back to their good old ways when certification is done.
There is no enforcement.

Local time
Reaction score
That could be true of any company. My point here is that some Chinese companies have learned that to survive one must have quality products. The Japanese learned this after fielding their soldiers with shoddy equipment during WWII. They vowed never to do that again. Other Chinese companies still put the word cheap in their product listings as if that is the way to go. I stay away from them. I also run every Chinese chainsaw for two hours and perform function tests and then test for leaks. All this before I allow one to be sold. I have refused to sell products that have failed my tests.

Oakie

Local time
Reaction score
That could be true of any company. My point here is that some Chinese companies have learned that to survive one must have quality products. The Japanese learned this after fielding their soldiers with shoddy equipment during WWII. They vowed never to do that again. Other Chinese companies still put the word cheap in their product listings as if that is the way to go. I stay away from them. I also run every Chinese chainsaw for two hours and perform function tests and then test for leaks. All this before I allow one to be sold. I have refused to sell products that have failed my tests.
Yeah, and the chinese now have the fasted train on earth, the TUV cert would clinch it for me, not saying the 9001
chinese company is bad, takes time to sort the good from the bad, and it seems your doing that, getting away from
the usual suspects, there is simply too much going wrong and its happening too often to bother with Holzforma.

Local time
Reaction score
I have to agree but the NewTop and Holzforma brands only carry up to the 066 Stihl equivalent and a clone of the old Stihl 070. They are good machines but I wanted to try out the G888. I have yet to turn it on. I look for quality ratings, patents, use of the products and so on. I have a Chinese chainsaw that started fine, cut fine and the bar chain oil leaked all over my shop floor. I refused to carry this brand. Steven

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
Reaction score
On the Holz G395 piston slap. What we told Walt to check as we already found out over in my chainsaw repair group FB.

The $4 piston they use was out of spec at 55.86 where 55.94 55.95 55.96 is most other is A AB B

20-40 dollar new piston and 30mins and back on the road with no slap. Still not bad for a G395 at 350 shipped to ya.

This guy in video ran his with the cheap piston as I am still too. Even though I have a new piston ready when I order parts for a oem 394 rebuild last week.

Last edited: