Stihl 025 cuts off

Mitymelvin

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with the saw cutting off if cutting with the saw tilted on the right side( bar closest to the ground)? My saw started this a month or so ago. I took it to the Stihl dealer for repair and they changed the carburetor. I took it out to cut yesterday and it did the same thing. It acts like it’s starving for fuel but it has plenty. I replaced the fuel filter, air filter and spark plug just before I took it to the shop.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Could be fuel related- but perhaps more likely an air leak.
Could be in fuel lines intake side of the system, which only open and become a problem when the saw is used in that attitude, or it could be a crankcase leak around bearing caps or a loose bottom pan.
Take it back to the shop- you took it in with a complaint and it sounds like they failed to identify it- but I bet they charged you for it!
Hope you got your old carb back as well.

Mitymelvin

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Could be fuel related- but perhaps more likely an air leak.
Could be in fuel lines intake side of the system, which only open and become a problem when the saw is used in that attitude, or it could be a crankcase leak around bearing caps or a loose bottom pan.
Take it back to the shop- you took it in with a complaint and it sounds like they failed to identify it- but I bet they charged you for it!
Hope you got your old carb back as well.
I didn’t collect any old parts but that’s ok. I’ll go back and insist they refund what they did or repair it for free, whatever they want to do. I was told by someone else that it could be an air leak that only presents itself when I turn the saw on its side. I be think a lot of the issues were the lack of documentation when I dropped it off. The kid didn’t even write down my phone number