Service table or mount suggestions

FreakyLapidus

Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m currently on the hunt for a chainsaw service table or bench mount that will safely secure the saw to a workbench/stand. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

FreakyLapidus

Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
There's nothing mysterious or specialized about it. A light duty vise works fine... you're not going to really crank on it, so it should last forever.
I like a dual mount so I can move it around.

If you're working on a vintage saw whose finish you care about, mount wood or rubber soft jaws.
Thank you MadKaw, but I am looking for something that will secure the saw hands free and hold it still during startup and carb tuning

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
What sort of sized saws are you thinking?
I have clamped the inner spikes (dawgs in your part of the World?) of some of the larger saws in a large engineers vice and started them whilst held in such a way (without bar and chain attached).
There is a multi positional chainsaw "vice" with a slotted hole arrangement and ball joint positioning to change orientation that is bench mounted and fixes to the saw via the bar studs- not sure of the exact name off hand, or even where they are available from- will try and find a picture of one.