replacement for Zama carb# S76B 842A C10 1123/00A

jbolts

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Ok so I go to my local stihl dealer to get a new carb for my 10 year oldMS250 which ran like a clock and never had so much as a hickup in all that time. I ran in in winter mode in the summer and cooked the plastic in the carb. The guy was very well informed and told me there were 4 versions for those saws and he needed the model number. I called them back with it and a couple weeks later they called to inform me it had arrived. I went back to get an impulse line for my 026 and a different guy said that my carb was there and proceeded to pull it out of a cabinet. I told him I just wanted to make sure it wasnt an air leak and i would be back fo it. I tested the saw in different positions and it ran the same and that was enough for me since i dont have a pressure tester. So i go back for the carb and now the first guy tells me that that model is discontinued and tries to sell me the model they have in stock. I ask him if it will work and he says yes ... i express some concern since that was not what he originally said ... i explained that they ordered the carb and it had arrived and he should take a look but "he's" the expert and did not want to hear any of it.
Anyhow can anyone tell me what carb will work?
Its Zama carb# S76B 842A C10 1123/00A
thanks in advance