Not So Pro

Chris Paul

Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
Not so pro signing in. Did tree work when I was young but lineman jobs paid WAY more. Never did get the chainsaw and wood splitting out of my blood. Hips are shot now so from climbing so long... Still don't pass the occasional opportunity to climb and cut. Spending a lot more time bucking and splitting these days. Just cannot stop enjoying the peace it brings me and getting out to the woodpile is my sanctuary.

Bbqmann

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Not so pro signing in. Did tree work when I was young but lineman jobs paid WAY more. Never did get the chainsaw and wood splitting out of my blood. Hips are shot now so from climbing so long... Still don't pass the occasional opportunity to climb and cut. Spending a lot more time bucking and splitting these days. Just cannot stop enjoying the peace it brings me and getting out to the woodpile is my sanctuary.

Know what you mean i drove a truck overthe road ..you can miss it

Chris Paul

Local time
Reaction score
Drove a one stack mack with a coffin shack in da back and vice grip antenna come on
Those were the great days. Had a flat nose freightliner with the diamond tuck and roll. She was good to me. She went to a good home when we parted ways.

YWPD

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
...and your workout!

ErinA85

Local time
Reaction score
Amateur here! Worked with some family crews here and there. But really just an over all love for saws. Built my first here recently. And just got gifted another. Plus a few climbers. Lookin to teach myself some portable milling skills to make a porta-mill of my own.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

YWPD

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Amateur here! Worked with some family crews here and there. But really just an over all love for saws. Built my first here recently. And just got gifted another. Plus a few climbers. Lookin to teach myself some portable milling skills to make a porta-mill of my own.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Cool!
Will you assemble your portable chainsaw mill from something like this https://opepartsmart.com/product/chainsaw-mill-for-36-or-less-chainsaw/ here?
What will you build with what you mill?

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
Once upon a time the Forest Service paid me... back in the mid '60s... musta' been the 1960s as the Division of Forestry wasn't created until 1881.
But I've been paid to do other stuff ever since. So no-so-pro is a pretty apt description.