McCulloch Timberbeat 498 fuel line

bwiet

Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
I try to replace fuel line but the line to motor is underneath motor.
Q: how to remove motor. Which tools do I need. Thanks.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
Might be something lost in translation here- but are we taking about one of the Euromac Timberbears?
In America (where most readers are from) the Timberbear was a model based on the metal cased 600 series saws.
I believe the Euromac Timberbear was an 849? Plastic cased clamshell design of 49cc's?

Anyhow, the fuel line should come up out of the tank to a purge valve and to the carb- might run under the carb, but is not under the engine.
Perhaps you are replacing an impulse line that would run from the bottom of the cylinder to the carb- but not carry fuel?

bwiet

Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, it's a timber bear 11600498- 10.
I have been able to remove motor and the line comes from the bottom of the engine. This done now I have to find a spare part for the carburateur boot part 322648, until now I was unable to find.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG20230730135632.jpg
    IMG20230730135632.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG20230730135529.jpg
    IMG20230730135529.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that is not a fuel line but a pulse line from the crankcase to the carb- it allows a pulse of gasses to activate the fuel pump diaphragm in the carb to pump fuel.
Not sure who will carry parts for these in your part of the World.

AlSmith

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Technically it is an engine and not a motor. A motor runs on electricity and an engine runs on fuel. Just saying.

AlSmith

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, I learned something, my mothertong is Flemish., Br.
Thanks for understanding, I didn't want to offend. I've been a mechanic forever and my career was in aviation. I remember when I called and engine a motor and I was quickly corrected. "a motor is at the end of a wire" I was told and have never forgotten.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, it's a timber bear 11600498- 10.
I have been able to remove motor and the line comes from the bottom of the engine. This done now I have to find a spare part for the carburateur boot part 322648, until now I was unable to find.
Thanks.

Perhaps the easiest way to find parts is to try and find a saw someone has straight fuelled, or ruined in some other way as to make it somewhat worthless- cheap for you to buy, but has the part/parts you require.
I know saw shops here are full of consumer grade uneconomical repair saw wrecks- perhaps ask at local repair shops?