Jonsered Chainsaw Thread

• Thread starter BayouCountryPowerSaws
  • Start date
B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

This will be the start of the Jonsered brand specific thread.

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

I have a Jonsered.....2159 built by Kensie. And it cuts. Modified a large mount bar a little and cut a 28" Madrone crotch. 28" small mounts are un-obtanium for a reasonable amount. And I had the large mount onna accident. It'll go on the Jonsered 2171. View attachment 32
I couldn't think of a better person to own that saw Mr. J, I hope it serves you well!

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

My favorite saw. Ported by me…2094

I've actually tried that trick with the lowers in a 395 but it didn't work out so well, I probably needed more compression for it to work right, it was a bit lazy through the mid range and wasn't the strongest on top either.

It works well there though! And the 2094/95 is one of my favorite saws

jasent

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
I've actually tried that trick with the lowers in a 395 but it didn't work out so well, I probably needed more compression for it to work right, it was a bit lazy through the mid range and wasn't the strongest on top either. It works well there though! And the 2094/95 is one of my favorite saws
I used a hyway 395 pop up (tip I got from you)and sanded the cylinder spacer to give me .022” squish. Very happy with the results

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

I used a hyway 395 pop up (tip I got from you)and sanded the cylinder spacer to give me .022” squish. Very happy with the results
Yea, I don't think the 395 I did had enough compression even with the pop up, I know more know than I did, so I won't make the same mistakes again, that's what it's all about lol.

Glad your here buddy!

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
My ported Jonsered 920 and its sidekick the M36 "jasent" has been an amazing friend helping me on my way of chainsaw modifying.. 🙌 he is a stand up guy who i respect to the fullest! Don't forget who helped you along the way and be sure to pay your respect to them..

Attachments

• 920caseandjug.jpg
    920caseandjug.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 920jug3.jpg
    920jug3.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 920andm36again.jpg
    920andm36again.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 6
  • 920 big handle.jpg
    920 big handle.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 6
  • 920.jpg
    920.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 920jug.jpg
    920jug.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 5
B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

My ported Jonsered 920 and its sidekick the M36 "jasent" has been an amazing friend helping me on my way of chainsaw modifying.. 🙌 he is a stand up guy who i respect to the fullest! Don't forget who helped you along the way and be sure to pay your respect to them..
Gotta love the feed ramps on those cases, makes a big difference when you open the cylinder up

BUDDY G

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
how does the 920 run ported? do you have a good source for parts for these saws? I have a 670 and a 930 to play with.

Real1

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Depends who you talk to.....some like the 930 Super best for the series, some like the free revving of the 910 best. I know a couple of old loggers like myself that had all three and favored the 910 best. When you see the promotional pictures of 'Denny', the PNW logger in the vintage Jonsereds ads, he's always with a 910....even when the 920 was out.

When they morphed into Partner starting with the 920 and then Husky with the 930, they got somewhat bloated. The 910 is not without issues, but it is the last true Jonsereds designed saw.

And just as a FYI, there was a real 910e that was 100cc and did make it over here as a production saw. They had some casting issues with the case halves and some saws had to be sent back. Shortly into its production, Electrolux Group AB killed the saw.

To me, this is the Holy Grail of saws....never even seen a pic of one and not sure how they were designated from the standard 910e.

Kevin

Last edited: