Jonsered 2083

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Here is one you do not see too often, or can find out too much about on the interweb.
New to me as of last week, one previous owner from new, was sold with low compression issues- so yeah, it was cheap.
From the era when Partner still had some influence in the Electrolux stable, all began with the Partner 7700 I believe, but you will probably recognise is more as Poulan Pro 505.

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image0.jpeg image1.jpeg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Them there yellow saws are like unicorn horns over here- the 2083 and 2077 not far behind, but this is a real nice example and the low compression was nothing more than the decomp valve being bent and fouling the top cover. I have not cut with it yet to give it a final all clear- hopefully main crank seals are still holding.
There is still not a lot out there on the internet about this line of red and black saws, they were made for long enough- but maybe they were in the vintage category before internet chainsaw forums came along?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Other than the out of shape decom- only thing I could fault the saw on was a broken AV spring making it a bit floppy- did not have an appropriate spring on hand, but a rubber AV from a spare 288XP tank fitted good and will cure the problem for now.

image0.jpeg

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
They do use alot of 2 sereis parts. So always compare to those. Since they were made in the husky plant.

Started out Partner then partner jonsered got moved together, then they both got moved over to husky. So Partner design with influence of other 2 too.
I have pic of the prototype. 3rd page bottom 2 pics. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/partner/partner-7700-660/20/

j2083crankout.jpg
j2083crank.jpg
j2083crankk.jpg

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
Reaction score
You must have more of this family of saws in your own personal collection than I have ever seen over here. :D
Dont collect. I rebuild, use and sale them off. Just a chainsaw to me and replaceable.

Most of the ones I sold off went to collectors or firewood cutters.

Some times I even had fun with them. Wild thing 505 done back in 2013. Also done a green set with green decal.
Now in a collectors hands.

Wrong shade of purple but I got that figured out now. ;)

p505wtttt.jpg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Dont collect. I rebuild, use and sale them off. Just a chainsaw to me and replaceable.

Most of the ones I sold off went to collectors or firewood cutters.

Some times I even had fun with them. Wild thing 505 done back in 2013. Also done a green set with green decal.
Now in a collectors hands.

Wrong shade of purple but I got that figured out now. ;)

View attachment 1279

Everything the original Wild Thing promised- but did not deliver- now delivered. :ROFLMAO:

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
Reaction score
Need any 54mm cylinders still have 2 leftover 😇. Think 1 of the 445 50mm quad ports and 1 425 48mm quad ports cylinders too. I'm done building them and been selling off the used and NOS parts off now.

Have one 2 ring piston that has less then 2 tanks on it testing it out. Came from a chainsaw storage place that roof collapsed and got all the parts weathered.

Sold right one already the more common piston.

p54aa.jpg p505cynx.jpg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Kind offer- thank you, but no. What I have just acquired is the sum total of my needs. The piston and cylinder are like new almost and the shipping of lumps of metal from your part of the World to mine- prohibitive to say the least. ;)