JOBU related questions, specificly model ES JOBU SL21

jomisko

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
20230518_103449.jpg Hello everyone and thank you admin for the accept upond registration.
I recently got this old beauty and I'm in the middle of resturation. Cleaned all metall surface with love and Irish Whisky.

I would love to get my hands on the original maintanence and repair manual, and I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out.

To other entusaistes, feel free to start a disscussion on either this model or another, but please stay within the JOBU brand on this post :)

Thank you.
20230518_103524.jpg 20230518_103418.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
Not to burst any bubbles- Jobu was a Norwegian company until the early 1980's when it was swallowed up by Electrolux- as many saw manufacturers were and true Jobu saws ceased to exist.
What you have there is a made in Canada Frontier manufactured saw that was labelled for MANY different brands and painted in MANY different colours.
They had another red painted one they stuck Jonsered stickers on as well, orange ones labelled Husky, blue ones labelled Danarm, yellow ones marked Skil, Craftsman models..... to name a few off the top of my head.
When you go to restore it- the steel rod hoop guard goes in front of the front handle- like a chain brake flag, but it is just a hand/knuckle guard.