Husqvarna 61 Tank Vent

facu10

Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Hello there, i have a Husqvarna 61 model and have a doubt about the tank vent, i taked off to see if goes air through and dissembled cause almoust nothing going through...It has a white bottom inside, i dont know if its ok that goes so little air or if i have to take off that white plastic inside so more air can go off and descompress the pressure in the tank...The problem i have realy is that i only can start the machine and get it goin if i accelerate, when i stop accelerating the saw go off...

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
I might put it to you, that acceleration pulls more fuel and therefore more air is required through the vent to replace the volume in the tank- thus the tank vent is most probably fine and the problem is more likely to be in the low circuit of the carburettor.
Could also be air leakage into the cylinder via the main crank seals or the intake block. Pinholes/split in the main fuel line from tank to carb.

Perhaps needs a removal of the carb, thorough clean and a new repair kit fitted. Inspection of the intake block and the gasket either side of it. Pressure and vacuum test of the main seals and remove, inspect, replace the main fuel line and tank filter.
The 61's are getting to be a pretty old saw nowadays, it is probably due an overhaul of all the wear components and rubber components.