Homelite Super2

Frank D

New member
Local time
6:08 PM
Joined
Sep 25, 2026
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh Pa
I've been struggling with an older Super2. Went through the whole saw. Ultra sonic cleaned the carb. It's a Walbro HDA. It will start 3 or 4 pull. Maybe twice. Then won't start no matter what I do. The plug is soaked. Rebuilt it with an aftermarket kit. Couldn't find an OEM kit. Driving me up the wall. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
 
Some aftermarket kits- the wee nub on the bottom of the diaphragm is WAY too long, so when assembled it holds the needle open- so the saw floods.
If you can compare old to new still, on the bench with feeler gauges- you might see a marked difference.
If you have thrown the old one out- it should be around .018 to .020".

Not saying that is the only issue- but it might be one that can be easily missed.
Could be fuel line faults, air leaks......
 
Thanks Bob. I have seen that on some after market kits. This diaphragm is correct. I've had it apart 4 times. Checked needle hight. Replaced everything in this carb twice. Like I said, cold start put it on full choke. Maybe 5 pulls it'll burp. Down to half choke,2 pulls it fires right up. Carbs adjusted and it runs strong. Shut it down after a minute and no matter what I do she seems to flood. Won't start. Now I know Super 2's take some pulls before she'll burp when cold but it shouldn't be that hard to start after it runs for a while. Seems to just flood. I'm stumped.
 
Have you pressure tested the carb to be sure the new needle you fitted is fitting the seat and actually cutting off fuel?
Blocked tank vent might allow a vacuum to form that continues to pull fuel after the saw is stopped
Got the diaphragm and gasket in the correct orientation on that side of the carb? If you are gasket on top- it will hold the needle open.
 
Back
Top