Help needed with Einhell chainsaw

AdPal

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi , I've got an Einhell gh-pc 1535 tc that I'm having problems with. I've got it so that just off cold it will run and rev ok , but once it gets hot when trying to rev it it dies as though it's trying to seize. You can catch it so it doesn't stall completely , and if it does it will restart quite easily. Once restarted it will tick over easily with no struggling however as soon as you try to add revs it dies again even on half throttle. could the piston 'seize' partially every time or could it be the chain brake getting tight or something else.?
Would it be worth putting any money into it ?

Thanks , Adam

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
If it is running lean then possibly yes to all your suspicions.
Best "test" is to take the muffler off and turn the engine over by hand to view the piston through the exhaust port of the cylinder to see if it is all scored up.
It could be many things going on, as the materials used and build quality of these types of saws is questionable to say the least.

Have you taken the clutch cove, chain and bar off of the daw to visually inspect the power take of side of things? All the components of the brake and chain drive system? If something is amis there- more throttle engages the clutch and if it cannot spin freely- the engine can stall out.

AdPal

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Took the exhaust off and found that although there are some marks/lines on the piston and barrel (did take some video with borescope) they didn't seem to be deep. I took the chain and bar off and like this the engine ran fine without any cutting out. So I guess I'm looking for a new bar and chain for it.

Thanks , Adam

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Vertical lines and marks on the piston usually are NOT good- see the other post on here about the "saw starts right up but then cuts out" compare the photographs on there with your own piston.
Investing money in a bar and chain for a saw that is about to die is false economy.