General Question.

Tom

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
General Question:
I have a chance to pick up a Craftsman chainsaw, that looks like a Husqvarna. How can I tell, and How can I tell if it's a superior model ? Any ideas would help. It's at a yard sale, a few days to go, I don't have immediate access to the saw, but it looks to be about 60 CC (it's not a limber).

Labfab

Local time
Reaction score
General Question:
I have a chance to pick up a Craftsman chainsaw, that looks like a Husqvarna. How can I tell, and How can I tell if it's a superior model ? Any ideas would help. It's at a yard sale, a few days to go, I don't have immediate access to the saw, but it looks to be about 60 CC (it's not a limber).
There have been several different manufacturers through the years with the craftsman name on them. The majority of them are poulan made. Husqvarna was never one of them unless you count the newer poulan stuff after husqvarna bought them out. If it's a magnesium cased saw it should be of good quality, so if the price is right you should be ok. I'd probably pass on the plastic ones, not to say all of them are junk just nothing to write home about. Hopefully this helps.

Tom

Local time
Reaction score
There have been several different manufacturers through the years with the craftsman name on them. The majority of them are poulan made. Husqvarna was never one of them unless you count the newer poulan stuff after husqvarna bought them out. If it's a magnesium cased saw it should be of good quality, so if the price is right you should be ok. I'd probably pass on the plastic ones, not to say all of them are junk just nothing to write home about. Hopefully this helps.
Thank you. During my search, I saw a list of Craftsman manufacturers, and almost everyone was listed. When I saw Husqvarna my curiosity picked up, but with your information, I think I'll skip this saw. First appearance it gave me, was Homelite, (which would be fine, but I don't really need the saw, it's just a project), Thanks for the help.