Favorite saws

MadKaw

Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Either Homelite 410 or Echo CS-590.

Although the one in the back of the truck is the Chinesium 25cc top-handle ... just for emergencies.

Cskyline

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Great I hear a lot of good things about the Echo. I have owned a few small homelite saws.The first saw I bought was a homelite I cut alot of wood with it . I have never owned the husqvarna but I am thinking about purchasing a popular one that everyone likes . I have stihl saws love the saws but hate the fuel and oil caps

Cskyline

Local time
Reaction score
Yes that is true but it’s nice to have more saw than bar . Don’t you agree?

Bryan Newton

Local time
Reaction score
Oh yes it is I have saws that range from 45cc to 92 cc that are running then several older saws I have to get running

MadKaw

Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Great I hear a lot of good things about the Echo. I have owned a few small homelite saws.The first saw I bought was a homelite I cut alot of wood with it . I have never owned the husqvarna but I am thinking about purchasing a popular one that everyone likes . I have stihl saws love the saws but hate the fuel and oil caps
My Stihl is my least favorite saw. It's a consumer grade saw and my list of dislikes are longer. And they're all related to things Stihl did to make the saw "easier" to use. The caps, the "easy" chain tensioner, the "easy" start. I bought it because the Homelite was too big and heavy and I wanted something smaller and lighter. Should have sprung for a higher grade saw. Mea culpa.
The Echo is ... good enough. The 620 would be nicer, but it's a lot more money. The 590 is good enough for my use case and doesn't share the extra "convenience" features of the Stihl.

Cskyline

Local time
Reaction score
I love to watch the big saws cut . I am too old to handle one of those anymore . I just buck trees for my bandsaw mill.I tried to only run logs around 24” don’t do that much. I let the other family members do the heavy work I just enjoy watching them mill their lumber