Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf vs Husqvarna 460 Rancher

Tyy

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
I sell Echo 590 chainsaws and offer a comparison with the Husqvarna 555. The motors are the same size and they both work quite well. I would take a 590 over the Husky 460. However, the Husky 555 is more like the Echo 620 and they are priced very similarly. Both have improved air intake and exhaust systems over the Echo 590 or the Husky 460.
Pretty well spot on Steve . The Echo is more of Prosumer saw in comparison to the 460 Rancher , which is a very stout homeowner saw. The Timber Wolf is a Full magnesium casing saw , where as the Rancher is a plastic clam shell construction . The 555 Husky is a very capable Prograde saw just below the HP Series . It is very close within design to the Echo 620 P series saw . It really comes down to the ethics of the dealership . Also yes Echo always maintains its EPA regulation policy . Every saw is on the ragged edge of lean . I would have recommended the Echo for the basic reason its a better quality saw overall . Throw the 5 yr warranty out the door & tune the saw properly in the cut with a quality tach & don't look back . I recommend running all my professional saws at 44:1 with either Dominator or Red Armour . . Cheers ! 🥃

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
Pretty well spot on Steve . The Echo is more of Prosumer saw in comparison to the 460 Rancher , which is a very stout homeowner saw. The Timber Wolf is a Full magnesium casing saw , where as the Rancher is a plastic clam shell construction . The 555 Husky is a very capable Prograde saw just below the HP Series . It is very close within design to the Echo 620 P series saw . It really comes down to the ethics of the dealership . Also yes Echo always maintains its EPA regulation policy . Every saw is on the ragged edge of lean . I would have recommended the Echo for the basic reason its a better quality saw overall . Throw the 5 yr warranty out the door & tune the saw properly in the cut with a quality tach & don't look back . I recommend running all my professional saws at 44:1 with either Dominator or Red Armour . . Cheers ! 🥃

This is the only HP series I know-

1663277301428.png

Oakie

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
@schneiderschainsaw Just to update you on the trouble I was having with Efco.
It is now almost a year since I bought the GS-520 off their dealer in Ireland.
Efco put me in contact with their Irish Importer, who I had to contact as they
never bothered contacting me.
When we spoke, I said I fixed the saw myself by adding a flywheel I bought myself.
So they agreed to send me two chains as a form of compensation.
Well like everything else the Efco Importer turned out to be a liar, after I emailed them
my address, not a peep, no chains either.
I will now be taking them to court, their Irish dealer, their Irish Importer and Efco corporate
have all failed at every opportunity to address my issues with the saw.

All I can hope is you did not get saddled up with these useless people, who run a one
sided extraordinary unhelpful business.

I will post again when I get to court.

Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Makita EA4300 opinion. Makita is required by Federal law to supply parts for seven years after stopping the production of a product. You still have six years to purchase parts from the online parts sellers. I personally am purchasing additional parts for the Makita chainsaws that I still have in inventory for when the parts are no longer available. Other Makita dealers are doing the same.