Echo 4910

Jayrod

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, glad to see a good forums ran by someone knowledgeable has been started. I was curious, to swap my 4910 over to a 3/8" low pro chain do I simply need a new sprocket, bar and chain? Maybe swapping from a 325 to a 3/8 isn't really a wise move? What's your thoughts or feedback. Thanks

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

Hello all, glad to see a good forums ran by someone knowledgeable has been started. I was curious, to swap my 4910 over to a 3/8" low pro chain do I simply need a new sprocket, bar and chain? Maybe swapping from a 325 to a 3/8 isn't really a wise move? What's your thoughts or feedback. Thanks
As far as I'm aware you just need the sprocket, bar, and chain. The 3/8 LP is a smaller chain than the .325, so it really just depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Jayrod

Local time
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware you just need the sprocket, bar, and chain. The 3/8 LP is a smaller chain than the .325, so it really just depends on what you're trying to achieve.
Can you help out with what size mount the bar uses on this saw? I want to put an 18" sugihara bar on just for the wow factor. I can find the bar in 325/50 but see both a small husky and large stihl mount. Just want to make sure I get the right one as I would hate to burn it up from lack of oiling correctly. Thabks. Going to just stick with a 325 chain, seems smarter honestly. Probably start running stihl rs chains

B

BayouCountryPowerSaws

I believe the bar mount for this saw is a K041 so I don't believe Sugi Hara produces one that small, but I could be wrong. I just havent seen one on anything but a top handle saw. Those smaller mount bars are also difficult to find right now too. Lots of shortages unfortunately. But maybe someone who knows more about this can come along and correct me.

Labfab

Local time
Reaction score
Can you help out with what size mount the bar uses on this saw? I want to put an 18" sugihara bar on just for the wow factor. I can find the bar in 325/50 but see both a small husky and large stihl mount. Just want to make sure I get the right one as I would hate to burn it up from lack of oiling correctly. Thabks. Going to just stick with a 325 chain, seems smarter honestly. Probably start running stihl rs chains
It is a k041 mount, you can slightly modify a k095 mount bar and they fit and work fine. Hope this helps.

Jayrod

Local time
Reaction score
It is a k041 mount, you can slightly modify a k095 mount bar and they fit and work fine. Hope this helps.
OK awesome thank you. What exactly needs to be modified? I'll do some digging on the net and see what I can find. Seems sugi bars are hard to get right now unless you go to Amazon or eBay.

Labfab

Local time
Reaction score
OK awesome thank you. What exactly needs to be modified? I'll do some digging on the net and see what I can find. Seems sugi bars are hard to get right now unless you go to Amazon or eBay.
The tensioner holes needed a little filing if I recall correctly. They're really close to fitting. On some of the k041 to k095 conversions you have to grind the groove to connect it to the tensioner holes. Don't believe the 4910 oils through the unused tensioner hole though so probably won't apply here. Bars are definitely difficult to get from the normal sources as of now.

Jayrod

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll try and get this sorted. Bought the saw with a 20" bar because that's what was available. Really wanted an 18 so that's why I am looking to change. Just getting a sugi bar because they are pretty awesome