Dead Ash

Fabz

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Lotta dead ash to fell, buck and split into firewood. Might use the proceeds to p/u a 592xp in which case I can let the 395xp go for the right coin. Video ...

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I don’t just build saws ... I actually run them! Just went over 2100 face cord or 700full cords. Not sure how that measures up with board feet but it’s a LOTTA WOOD 😉

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Runs well for sure ... excellent torque and with a nice sharp chain she moves right along

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
... 461R originally done by Hotsaws101 (Jack Beelar) ... While a fine platform as built , I did some work to it (tube exhaust and intake) to get the torque curve I wanted

Last edited:

Chris Paul

Local time
Reaction score
... 461R originally done by Hotsaws101 (Jack Beelar) ... While a fine platform as built , I did some work to it (tube exhaust and intake) to get the torque curve I wanted
Hey Fabz show us some pics of the tube exhaust.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Another cherry down this morning! Tomorrow morning we split ..... After a nice steak and eggs breakfast at the local greasy spoon 😁 79B3DBE1-A6E3-4E48-B877-B6F427926F61.jpeg

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Here in WNY the emerald-ash borer (EAB) has really done a number on the native ash trees. The insect bores into the tree and leaves d-shaped holes which eventually kills the tree. It’s a decent burning wood and has very low moisture content so it can be burned “green” in an emergency.

jasent

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Here in WNY the emerald-ash borer (EAB) has really done a number on the native ash trees. The insect bores into the tree and leaves d-shaped holes which eventually kills the tree. It’s a decent burning wood and has very low moisture content so it can be burned “green” in an emergency.
Doug fir is like that. Split the green off the red core and burn it.