Chainsaw velocity stacks

Fabz

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Came up with (or reinvented cause I’m sure someone thought of this before) a velocity stack for STIHL chainsaws. Used with a K/N filter with outwears it really performs well and filter maintenance is GREATLY reduced, I’ve got 100 tanks of fuel and STIHL cutting. With the right tuned tube exhaust a saw can make some serious torque. You can use any filter you want ... O.D. Is 1.75 ...I have filters and outwears in stock along with a few stacks... and can fabricate a tuned tube exhaust for a very reasonable cost ...

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
That’s the 660 Hotwoods ported with a max-flow devastating a wny silver maple. Rest assured .... with the velocity-stack and KN filter with outwears it’s got even more balls.... can you say “roost” ?

jasent

Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
Most the saws I’ve put k&n’s on had to open up the jets. Breathe so much better

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I agree. I feel that running the outerwears over the oiled filter is the way to go. Without the outerwears they almost flow TOO much and may let tiny fines pass thru. With the outerwears ain’t nothin gettin in your motor

jasent

Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
I don’t run the out wears myself. Never any trouble. Intake side of piston and cylinder are still perfect. Guess time will tell. You know they move air well when the carb whistles lol. Almost sounds like my 2094 is turbo’ed 😂 been thinking about porting the carb as well and see how she likes it

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
You can mount the carb in a lathe or in a drill press and bore/drill it out ... A little bit goes a long ways

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
If you need anything machined let me know ... be glad to help anyone here. I can do velocity stacks for about $20-25 by manual lathe , bolt on performance ... CNC wood be cheaper but wood need to make enough (lots of 100) to make it feasible , you supply your own gasket if applicable.