Chainsaw Collections

• Thread starter BayouCountryPowerSaws
  • Start date

Real1

Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Kensie sold me a really nice 2094 some yrs back with a full-wrap. On another forum, I did a comparison of that 2094 against one of my venerable Husky 2100's. The test was in Sugar Maple and large diameter 100yr old stuff...been down about a yr.

Both saw were fitted with 36" bars and Oregon .404 68CJ square file chisel chain. The 2094 was my first 14,000+rpm saw. I thought at first it was gunna blow....lol. In stuff under 3', it walked away from the 2100. However, once into stuff over 3' the 2100 walked away from the 2094.

And don't say well, the 2094 should have been ported/modified. Because if you do that, you do the same to the 2100....only fair. And the same results would have happened.

Both fantastic saws, but I'd still pick the 2100 in serious timber. For other decent sized scale, the 2094.

Kevin

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Kensie sold me a really nice 2094 some yrs back with a full-wrap. On another forum, I did a comparison of that 2094 against one of my venerable Husky 2100's. The test was in Sugar Maple and large diameter 100yr old stuff...been down about a yr.

Both saw were fitted with 36" bars and Oregon .404 68CJ square file chisel chain. The 2094 was my first 14,000+rpm saw. I thought at first it was gunna blow....lol. In stuff under 3', it walked away from the 2100. However, once into stuff over 3' the 2100 walked away from the 2094.

And don't say well, the 2094 should have been ported/modified. Because if you do that, you do the same to the 2100....only fair. And the same results would have happened.

Both fantastic saws, but I'd still pick the 2100 in serious timber. For other decent sized scale, the 2094.

Kevin

Exactly why I just finished a ground up rebuild of a stock 2100 CD although I own a 2094 already. ;)

image0 (21).jpeg

Real1

Local time
Reaction score
Yep, killer saw in large scale timber. I used it as a logger in the PNW and CO. Probably bought a dozen of them new all told. When runnin' long bars all we did was modify the muffler, plug the gov and hang on.

However, parts have gotten so incredibly expensive and rare when you can find them, I needed other choices. I amassed a fair number of older J'red parts to support my 80/90/910's before they all became 'collectable' saws. Wished I had done so with the 2100's.:rolleyes:

Kevin

Real1

Local time
Reaction score
Here's are pics of my working saws. Because they are 'older', like me, I will usually take them all on a contract job. I usually only ever use two of them on a job.....but ya never know with old stuff.

I have this many saws without bars....duplicates except for the 2094. Then I have 910's in various stages of completion...then some carcasses....oh wait.....I have a nearly completed J'reds 621......lol.

I started out 15yrs ago to just have duplicates of the saws I was using;2100, the 80 and the 90. But I certainly didn't get full-on CAD like a lot of folks.;)

Truth be told though, I'm not having the fun in older chainsaws like I used to. Prices got REAL serious and driven by chainsaw fanciers. After COVID, my woods work dried up and darn it if I didn't finally admit I was older....lol!:oops:

Kevin

Attachments

• Working saws.jpg
    Working saws.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Working saws 2.jpg
    Working saws 2.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

tacotodd

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Here's are pics of my working saws. Because they are 'older', like me, I will usually take them all on a contract job. I usually only ever use two of them on a job.....but ya never know with old stuff.

I have this many saws without bars....duplicates except for the 2094. Then I have 910's in various stages of completion...then some carcasses....oh wait.....I have a nearly completed J'reds 621......lol.

I started out 15yrs ago to just have duplicates of the saws I was using;2100, the 80 and the 90. But I certainly didn't get full-on CAD like a lot of folks.;)

Truth be told though, I'm not having the fun in older chainsaws like I used to. Prices got REAL serious and driven by chainsaw fanciers. After COVID, my woods work dried up and darn it if I didn't finally admit I was older....lol!:oops:

Kevin
Now I KNOW those pics from SOMEWHERE 🤫