Chain Sharpener Suggestions

PopPop

Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
I wanted to get a chain sharpener for the garage. Anyone have any suggestions on a brands or models. Not looking for a real expensive one. Any help on this issue would be great.
Thanks
PopPop

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
I know this is near zombie status, but still an issue worth addressing.
I have that Harbor Freight sharpener that @chainsawmaster1000 mentions above. It does a decent job for the money, but for me it served to make me decide I liked a bench grinder enough to invest in an Oregon bench grinder. It is more adjustable, more consistent, and much sturdier. And, yes, much more expensive.
For an inexpensive solution that does an excellent job, I suggest the Granberg G106B. It's under $40 on Amazon as of today (plus files). It serves as a portable solution as well as one for home.

AlSmith

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
Just watched the video and what I gather from all this, is I don't want to have mess with electric wires out in the field. Besides by the time I have to sharpen a chain it's time for me to take a break. Loved the video by the way.

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
Just watched the video and what I gather from all this, is I don't want to have mess with electric wires out in the field. Besides by the time I have to sharpen a chain it's time for me to take a break. Loved the video by the way.
I am so chronologically enhanced that any time is break time! 😃