2171 Half Wrap

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
Anyone got a spare 2171 half wrap bar they would be willing to send half way around the World?
Prefer the one piece model- not the two piece one the current one has become.

image0 (29).jpeg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
That can be welded no problem. Find a good welder.
I had to have one done on a partner 5000 once. Was like new and couldnt hardly tell it after he was done with it.

The welding is not a problem, Tig and filler rod will take care of that.
Problem is in the other bends and distortions suffered by the recent air travel and subsequent stop.
I have bent and tweaked as far as I dare without tearing another fracture under the plastic grip, or on the bottom flat that mounts under the tank.
In the present state, even welded I believe not only will it be an ugly user- but it will be stressing the mount points, especially the tank tail.

R&R

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
The welding is not a problem, Tig and filler rod will take care of that.
Problem is in the other bends and distortions suffered by the recent air travel and subsequent stop.
I have bent and tweaked as far as I dare without tearing another fracture under the plastic grip, or on the bottom flat that mounts under the tank.
In the present state, even welded I believe not only will it be an ugly user- but it will be stressing the mount points, especially the tank tail.
Would be surprised how much you can twist them around. Fit a 572 handle on a 372.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
True that, but the immediate past owner of said saw, launched it in the butt of a big Willow tree he perhaps should not have been attempting to cut, it got some air time and came down hard with some rather sharp angled bends to the wrap bar- I have rebent as good as I can, flitch plated the break and got it going again- but there is a secondhand one in a courier van somewhere in our North Island presently, on its way down to me.