2077 and 266XP had a wee spin

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Had a low leader from a big old ugly Macrocarpa tree snap out the other day, landed on the electric fence shorting it to ground and the paddock (field for you lot) was due to be grazed by in calf cows and them having access to this stuff whilst carrying a calf is a big no no!
So, while the 266XP was all that was required- I had not run the 2077 in wood since I bought it- so it came along for some of the fun.

image3.jpeg image1.jpeg image0.jpeg image3.jpeg

MadKaw

Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
I didn't understand the problem with cows... looked it up. That's not an issue I would have thought of on my own. But then I don't own any cows. It looks like there could be some pretty chunks of wood that could be had, though.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't understand the problem with cows... looked it up. That's not an issue I would have thought of on my own. But then I don't own any cows. It looks like there could be some pretty chunks of wood that could be had, though.

This type of evergreen Cyprus in particular- if a carrying cow consumes around 8kg of dry matter will cause a condition that constricts blood vessels and leads to calf abortion- more likely in the final trimester- but not uncommon in early stages of pregnancy.
Yes, there was some interesting grain in that limb- but it will burn just as well as the straight grain pieces. :D
All split and ready to be stacked.

Last edited:

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Nice saws. I really would like to have a 266 really popular saw

I now have two of them, great mid range saws for the weekend wood gatherer.
You might notice this one is wearing a Stihl bar and the front stud has been replaced with a bolt by a previous owner- this has since been rectified and the saw returned to two original Husqvarna stud system. ;)