200T Dislikes

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Yup the dam things love to suck air. Every single one that comes through my shop I check the intake Then pulse and seals
Those poor saws take a beating

Oh I agree!
But that one is my personal one and genuine Stihl intake boots for these cost $80 of our dollars!
Now granted, I do NOT treat that wee beast with kid gloves and it has been there and done a WHOLE lot since it was new, but whoever dreamed up that chunk of plastic jam fitting the manifold to the cylinder wants his holiday pay revoked!
I will put my hand up this time and say I bowed out to the Bakelite seals and used the MS 260 ones.

jasent

Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
My 201 is a box of parts right now. Got it for $20. Crank stripped on flywheel side and no pull start, bar stud stripped. P&c are good lol

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not sure. Local sales page. Was the rear handle version but I’m putting a top handle on it if I ever put it back in action

More likely an inexperienced homeowner saw then- wanted something small for the shrubbery and got talked into a pro grade rear handle, when a Silky handsaw may have suited better.
Is it Mtronic? I have not run a 201 M, but they would need to be better than the 201 TC. I have done some minor tweaking of mine and it still pales beside the 200T.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
You can possibly add to the list, the internals of the top handle system.
Who has not opened up one of those for the first time, only to have a couple of the rods fall out of place, or a couple of the plastic linkages and spent the next frustrating hour trying to figure out how it all fits back together without the aid of a handheld screen device and an internet tutorial? :LOL:
Only to believe you have everything in place correctly, button it up and then discover the choke rod fell out of the rear link unseen- or the master control lever is in out of alignment?
I will certainly admit- the first time I opened one, it was rather confusing! o_O

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Only thing so far I can say I dislike about the 200T is that I still haven't put the one I have back together yet 😔

Take the top handle apart and scatter the parts, leave it an hour or two, don't cheat with before photos or consulting Uncle Google and time how long it takes you to figure out how it all goes back together- should be good for hours of entertainment. :D

Iroczu

Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Take the top handle apart and scatter the parts, leave it an hour or two, don't cheat with before photos or consulting Uncle Google and time how long it takes you to figure out how it all goes back together- should be good for hours of entertainment. :D
That is exactly how it's going to go, minus I know I'm missing a couple of fasteners already, the box of parts has moved.to another box of parts at least a couple of times in the last 10 or so months 🙄 just hasn't hit the priority list yet but winter is near

Justsendit

Local time
Reaction score
Oh I agree!
But that one is my personal one and genuine Stihl intake boots for these cost $80 of our dollars!
Now granted, I do NOT treat that wee beast with kid gloves and it has been there and done a WHOLE lot since it was new, but whoever dreamed up that chunk of plastic jam fitting the manifold to the cylinder wants his holiday pay revoked!
I will put my hand up this time and say I bowed out to the Bakelite seals and used the MS 260 ones.
We actually switched to using the Farmertec seals in our shop and we have have much better success with them. Along with the Farmertec 200t muffler, it’s one of the only items I prefer Farmertec over OEM.

Justsendit

Local time
Reaction score
We do about 5-6 handles a week in my shop so it wouldn’t be too much fun watching us on a regular one. Now, if you want to watch a real shitshow come watch the one I have on my bench now. I’ve been through the entire handle over 15 times trying to figure out why the trigger is catching. I finally found the small piece of flashing it was catching on, but now it won’t stay in Choke or Off. 😳🤪 it’s a real treat in this one I tell ya! I’ve said more highly technical shop terms on this handle than any other saw in my life! Hahahaha

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
We actually switched to using the Farmertec seals in our shop and we have have much better success with them. Along with the Farmertec 200t muffler, it’s one of the only items I prefer Farmertec over OEM.

I'm only guessing- but imagine the Farmertec 200T seals (if sold as such) are just the 026 seals in a different bag.