STIHL MS 181/C

pwoodgate49

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to reassemble this model chainsaw and i can't see how the throttle linkage rod connects to the trigger mechanism end.If i put the rod above the handle thru to the hole in the trigger mechanism it will not operate the carb end of the assembly but does stay locked in place and does not slide out of the trigger hole.If i place the rod end thru the hole in the casing then thru the hole in the trigger mechanism it will operate the carb end of the assembly but there is nothing to stop the rod end from sliding out of the trigger mechanism,which is what it does.Help anyone?,
Peter

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
I do not currently have any 181 or 180's here for demonstration purposes- but I find if I need to know a parts assembly order or configuration- looking up a model specific IPL is often a huge help.

pwoodgate49

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply,at least i can see the parts clearly with the diagram you supplied.If anybody cares to look,the query is where item 21(stihl throttle rod) locates into item 14(stihl thottle trigger).If i put the end of item 14 over the top of item 1(stihl handle frame),item14 is then locked in place by item 1 and cannot move to the right but the throttle linkage then does not work.If the end of item 21 is placed thru an opening in item 1 and then into item 14 the throttle linkage works but there is nothing preventing item 21 from moving to the right and coming out of item 14.If anybody is still awake after that explanation and has an answer please let me know,
Peter

pwoodgate49

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bob,
It would make sense to me to put it thru the hole,but i assembled the rest albeit loosely and nothing seems to stop the rod sliding out.I will try tightening everything up and see what happens,thanks for the reply,
Peter