Some Husqvarna's

Chainmale

Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
i have often asked myself that. But i fear it wont be the last haha. should have put my 630 in there with them.
Should be able to add a 576xp and 480cd to that lineup but probably after i build the 064 and possibly an 044.
The 576xp needs a piston. cylinder has a small gouge above the exhaust port thats not through the plating after cleaning the transfer off, so might put that on the back burner incase a good used oem shows up.
Was actually wanting to pick your brain on something. theres a Jonsered 930 locally for $400 does that sound like an alright deal to you? and with no Husqvarna correlation for parts would it be risky sourcing parts. Says its a good runner, Just waiting to find out what the "new piston and ring" is

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that 930 belongs to a guy that is not too chatty!
Its something you buy to have an example of- not to run much here- when did you ever see another one? Parts are pretty specific and like Unicorn horns and rocking horse poop to find here.
They do not have the weak rubber mount on the rear handle the 910 does- but they are no easy fix neither. 288XP is much more easily played with here in NZ.
Have also asked where the heck a new 930 piston came from- no reply. So it kinda lends me to thinking something more easily obtained was jemmied in there.

Chainmale

Local time
Reaction score
Yea missed out on what was probably the last of the cheap 288xp's over the last couple of years. Always looking though.
Thought perhaps it was a 288xp piston in the 930 as both 54mm. Not interchangeable?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a complete running 81 or 88 Husqvarna from the Kapiti Coast last week for a hundy- they are still out there. ;)
066 are 54mm too but takes a lot more to make a same piston than just the outside diameter