Right bar for Homelite 150?

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
I’m somewhat new to the chainsaw world and have never replaced a bar and or chain before. My blue Homelite 150 is in need of a new bar. I’m wondering what the correct replacement bar is as I have no idea where to even start. I’m ready to learn though. I probably want to get an Oregon product as they’re ok-good and it’s not like I’m going to put this saw to hard/regular use.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
Your little Homelite should fit a small mount Husqvarna type bar- bar mount for Oregon is K095.
Do you know what chain gauge and pitch you are running? As the pitch will have to be matched to the drive sprocket off the crankshaft- gauge will have to be matched if you have spare chains already and wish to run them.

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
Chain is supposed to be S59, 3/8” low profile, .050”.
Here’s a picture of the old bar which is aftermarket and is not fitting exactly right. Something to die with the oiling and the hole that I circled. The new Oregon bars I looked at don’t even have that hole.

Attachments

• IMG_5555.jpeg
    IMG_5555.jpeg
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 2

EggShooterist

Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
Chain is supposed to be S59, 3/8” low profile, .050”.
Here’s a picture of the old bar which is aftermarket and is not fitting exactly right. Something to die with the oiling and the hole that I circled. The new Oregon bars I looked at don’t even have that hole.
I have two 150's and a Super EZ automatic. They take the same bar and chain. Its 3/8 standard, not LP. You can run 3/8 lp on the factory clutch drum though. Anyway, I recently adapted a k095 to them as well as a A041. Its not a direct fit for either but easy enough to do with a die grinder. Changing to a longer chain than the replacement bar calls for would probably make for less grinding but I have several chains for each bar I adapted. This is a 14" K095, 3/8 lp bar and chain on this EZ. It transformed it into a ripper.

IMG_20231221_114938186~2.jpg