Rattle in new 372XP

Spike

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some guidance please; I bought a new OEM 372XP and it has a rattle somewhere under the covers. I've checked the oil/gas chambers and pulled the top plate as well as the recoil side plate and its not there. It sounds like something is either loose or maybe some float of some type within the unit itself? Is this normal? I'm hesitant to pull the saw apart to find it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Nutball

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Normally the gas and bar oil filters will make noise rattling around in the empty tanks. I can't think of anything else that would rattle.

Oakie

Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Is the brake flag working, not flopping about. The small plastic wings that keep
the filler caps from falling off when they are loose, is there a seal missing from
the filler caps, is the air filter loose and vibrating. Could there be something inside
the front handle that rattles, that would have to have happened during production.
is the bumper spike loose. Is there anything small like a pebble on the cylinder, or
in between the fins. Is the throttle lever vibrating or the safety lever vibrating.
Broken spring on the starter dogs.
Sure hope its not inside the engine, that would be a real disappointment on a new saw.

Czed

Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
If you don't have fuel and oil it's the filters
Moving around
If you do have fuel and oil and no bar on it
It's probably the bar plate rattling.
There's nothing else I can think of
I have 8 365/372s

R&R

Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some guidance please; I bought a new OEM 372XP and it has a rattle somewhere under the covers. I've checked the oil/gas chambers and pulled the top plate as well as the recoil side plate and its not there. It sounds like something is either loose or maybe some float of some type within the unit itself? Is this normal? I'm hesitant to pull the saw apart to find it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Rattle, filters as stated. Ting, will come from clutch drum, sometimes.

ikeG

Local time
Reaction score
I just had a muffler bolt come loose on my 272xp, it rattled back and forth

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk