Jonsered 2094

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
A few weeks back, I managed to locate a 2094 that was up for sale at the Northern most province of our wee Island nation and I live at near the Southern most part of the lower Island. Owner agreed to sell, but refused to ship. Lots of trying to pull in favours from other third party persons I knew that live up there pretty much drew a blank, owner was not interested in boxing it up if I arranged courier pick up.
Now don't get me wrong, the seller was agreeable to hold the saw with no payment from me until pickup could be arranged and communications were fantastic and after about a month of trying to find one a solution was found thanks to a fellow chainsaw enthusiast that lived a couple of hours from the seller, he picked it up, paid cash for me, boxed the saw and sent it down to me- cost me an 044 parts saw and the initial asking price of the 2094.

So what arrived was a somewhat nasty 2094. Missing some bits that would be considered handy, like the dawgs (explains the dented muffler front), chain brake assembly (top of clutch cover ground flat no less!) and likely never been blown out with compressed air in its lifetime!
Plus lost of mysterious scorch/burn marks in the recoil cover.

But when it comes to bigger saws, the 2094 is my grail saw. I love them and what they represented when they were first released, had one when they were a new model, sold it and regretted doing so ever since- I do however own a much tidier one now and this one was destined to be a parts provider to keep the tidier saw going for hopefully many years yet, as parts or saws are hard to come by over here.

Pictured with a nice example 2152 I picked up locally this past weekend.

image1.jpeg image0.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
The burn mark on the recoil.........

Previous owner was burning a rubbish pile, it jumped and set fire to a large Macrocarpa tree- no worries says he- I have a big saw.
Maybe a bit of panic involved in the falling of an alight tree, the weight sat back on the back cut and jammed the bar in the stump.
Owner had to go get a big wire rope and tractor to pull some weight and free the saw- I guess a few embers fell out of the crown and on to the saw.