Einhell Problem

AdPal

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi all

I got hold of a Einhell GH-PC 1535 TC model RY1E40F chainsaw that came with problems that I can't pin down. It will start up using the manufactures recommended steps , but after a couple of minuets the first time it dies ( revs slow down then die out ). It will restart if I re-pump the fuel bulb and restart but will die again ( the times of running get shorter each time ).
I've stripped the carb down and cleaned it in an ultra sonic bath , I also checked the piston and bore as occasionally it would stop like it was overheating and seizing ( as in stopping dead ) but there no marks or scratches that shouldn't be there , but that was just on the off chance.
The saw looks newish with barely any wear and tear so it's not worn out. I've checked the fuel/oil mix and chain oils there. Can anyone point me in the right direction or any ideas as to what's going on ?

Thanks , Adam

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
You need spark, compression and correct fuel/air mix for a two stroke to run and that is about it.
Unfortunately, with these wee lesser known cheaply constructed saws, lots can go wrong and there are not lots of them around for spare parts.

You may or may not have eliminated fuel delivery with carb cleaning, still filter in the tank and fuel lines to consider, incorrect reassembly or hoses to purge valve incorrectly installed.
Often these saws are tuned lean out of the box, so run lean and hot and burn pistons up.
You mention stopping abruptly, like overheating seize- that could be your issue, with the side of the piston torn to bits and not visible through the exhaust port.
Could also be an air leak problem through torn/cracked inlet, stripped carb bolts holding the carb to plastic mounts, blocked/torn/cracked impulse line, leaking main crank seals, loose bottom engine pan that cheap clamshell style saws are famous for.

An awful lot to play guessing games with, I will admit I have never seen one or worked on one, but have plenty of experience with other similar types and often it is easier to start fresh with something new, slightly more expensive, but with a better reputation.

AdPal

Local time
Reaction score
Hi
I've retried since going through things and it hasn't made any difference. When I said I'd checked the piston and bore , I took the barrel off and physically looked and checked them. I can't find a decent diagram or parts list for it so don't know what you mean by the purge valve or where it might be.
The machine looks fairly new so things haven't had chance to split ,dry out or anything yet that I can see.
I'll check the bottom of the engine in the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
Hi
I've retried since going through things and it hasn't made any difference. When I said I'd checked the piston and bore , I took the barrel off and physically looked and checked them. I can't find a decent diagram or parts list for it so don't know what you mean by the purge valve or where it might be.
The machine looks fairly new so things haven't had chance to split ,dry out or anything yet that I can see.
I'll check the bottom of the engine in the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Purge valve is the rubber valve you push several times to purge the air from the carb for easier starting- some call it a primer valve.

So this saw did not come to you new?

AdPal

Local time
Reaction score
Ah that makes sense. No , it came to me as is to see if I could get it started - as such it doesn’t owe me anything but you can tell it hasn’t done much if any work .

AdPal

Local time
Reaction score
Hi

Tested the pipework/tank and have ended up changing the primer bulb , one of the pipes ( the main one from tank to carb is molded into the bung for the tank ) I also found that there is a vent ? on the front of the carb that goes through the mounting block the the engine and the block was fitted upside down. But I still cant get it to run consistently. I can get it to start and come off choke and it will rev to start with , but then it dies ( like out of fuel ) but I can pull choke out and it will start again without having to re-prime or anything else until it dies again. I've tried to adjust the screws on the side buy no joy.
I'm used to 4-stroke so guessing I must be missing something stupid, ?????

Thanks , Adam

Oh , the primer bulb now stays full all the time now if that's any good