Does anyone make a decent chainsaw?

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
I looked up all of the brands in the 50cc range. They are all home and farm use models not commercial. The models that I found are Makita EA5001PREL, Efco MTH5100, Husqvarna 450 and Echo 590. I also saw a carburetor kit on Amazon for your chainsaw. I think that you need to go to a 60cc size of chainsaw to begin seeing the bottom of the commercial models.

AlSmith

Local time
Reaction score
I was able to get a carburetor for my 024, took it out this morning for some test runs. It performed like it was suppose to. I'll be looking into newer model and see what happens.

MadKaw

Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Sounds like the problem is the mechanic, as you've found out.
While there are things about some Stihl models I don't like, and I've found some parts break fairly easily, I've not had a problem with the engines.
Just curious... what do you use for fuel?

AlSmith

Local time
Reaction score
For fuel I have using can fuel 40-1/50-1 mix. But the price is a bit high. There is ONE gas station that sell ethanol free fuel, so I'll be mixing my own. The brand name of the can fuel is SEF.

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
For fuel I have using can fuel 40-1/50-1 mix. But the price is a bit high. There is ONE gas station that sell ethanol free fuel, so I'll be mixing my own. The brand name of the can fuel is SEF.
Personally never used canned fuel but there are people who report problems with it. I don't know about the truthiness of said reports. The other half of the mix-your-own equation is the oil... and you'll hear as many opinions about that as there are people with two-strokes.
My own recommendation would be to use Echo Red Armor.

AlSmith

Local time
Reaction score
All I has seen is to use a synthetic base oil. But I'll look for the Echo Red Armor. Thanks

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
If nothing else, the premix is much prettier with Red Armor than the blue stuff. :D