Custom exhaust tinkering

Hayduke

Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
eBay may have them available, there is another guy , red hair saws or something like that who sells 3D printed versions iirc. The price of 6061 aluminum round stock has gotten so expensive that it’s just not worth my time to machine one-offs and keep the price to under $30/unit shipped! I just incorporate them into builds now as it’s a viable performance enhancer
I’d happily pay whatever your fee is even if exorbitant I can’t find one anywhere on eBay or the rest of the internet machine actually.

Fabz

Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
I appreciate that , atm I’m very busy making piped exhausts for customers. Now … a velocity stack , flow work and one of these rowdy pipes really make a saw pull hard in the wood ! Here is what I’m talking about …

Fabz

Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
A recent video of a 562xp thru Wny ash. Saw has rowdy pipe and the cylinder was lightly flowed / blueprinted. A velocity stack and more aggressive flow work will give much greater gains … As you listen to the saw cut notice I do not favor the high rpm like some other builders do - I just take what the factory gives me and make it run more efficiently without all the fanfare of “high compression and machine work”. A solid 18% to 40% gains in cut speed can be obtained depending on model. The 562xp responds nicely to some basic mods however it can be made into a 40% gainer. The issue is that you need 3 things for a saw to be considered an excellent work saw : performance, fuel economy and longevity - it’s easy to get the first one , the second and third are much more difficult especially as you increase the first. A solid 23-27% gain seems to be the “sweet spot” from my experience….