Brand of mini chainsaw on amazon

tool2

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Hello what´s the good brand of mini chainsaw sold on amazon? there are 550 and 800w. and the noise? thanks

MadKaw

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
No personal experience, but life has taught me that (within reason) it's best to stick to a name brand. At least there's a chance of being able to get parts when (not if) needed. That said, I'm going to make a recommendation anyhow.
The reason is going to sound crazy given what I've already said, but think about it...
Get a Makita. Why? The Chinese seem to have adopted the Makita battery as a sort-of standard. Batteries are expensive, often more than the tool. The Chinese 20V or 21V batteries will work with Makita 18V tools and they're dirt cheap.
EDIT: Have to modify what I said. I got curious and looked at Makita saws. They're too durned expensive for what they are. The battery stuff still applies; go Makita compatible.
OTOH, I do have a little Stihl MS-140 battery saw. It has a 12" bar; weighs about 2x what the minis weigh and is remarkably versitile. You might consider something in that class. Project Farm has a series of youtube videos featuring that type of saw.

Last edited: