Black and Decker Pole Saw Upgrade

high_order1

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi!
I need to replace the blade, and I kind of tweaked the bar, too. lol
I'd like to put a 10" bar and chain on it, but I am having trouble figuring out what to get. I purchased one item, and it mostly fit, but the adjustment hole didn't line up.

LPP120B

Stock:
Part 16: 623381-00 Bar another may be 623382-00
Part 856: 90597662 Chain another may be 623381-00

Allegedly, it is a .043 gauge 3/8" LP pitch 8" bar, but... that didn't seem to scale to the 10" bar and chain.

Help me brain this out sawyers. I'm pretty confident the motor can handle a larger bar/chain. I don't care about low kickback, one that cuts aggressively sounds better to me. Ultimately, it's a toy, and I know this, but it is my toy.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
If the 8" chain is 0.043 gauge- the 10" bar only has to be 3/8LP in pitch- pitch MUST remain the same- gauge of the chain must only be the same as the bar it is fitted to.
So if you bought the 10" bar as a set with its own chain- you can assume the two are compatible and will work on your machine in theory as long as they are the same PITCH.

If the adjuster hole does not line up- drill or file slot the original hole in the bar until it does fit your adjuster- not a recommended way to do things, but it can be done. Of more of a concern would be do the oil delivery holes line up?
Compare the 8" bar to the 10" by laying one bar on top of the other and compare tails.

In all honesty- I would not be moving away from an 8" bar on this machine.