020 AVP- with a bonus

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Thanks guys, have had my eye out for the hedge trimmer attachment for a while, as I already have several 020's kicking about, but this saw is very clean and original compared to others I have rebuilt.
Happy with this one as a "set", nut the saw does need some attention, probably just carb clean and kit, to run more smoothly.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Old stuff is good stuff.

Yep, I agree- but disagree.
Old stuff is often more solidly engineered, run slower, but with better torque and perhaps better metallurgy- but is usually heavier and slower than more modern versions.
This is going to be a classic example of the model- not a front line user, a casual use demonstrator model, but not a shelf queen.
Unlike some folk that gather up old saws and give them a spit and polish, then take them once a month on a road trip out of the city to cut cookies on one poor log they find in a recreation area- I do have plenty of hedges that need trimmed and own more modern dedicated trimmers, but this old 020 and its attachments will get a chance at keeping some tidy.

Chris Paul

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Yep, I am a spectator of the old stuff. Haven't done rebuilds on the older ones due to lack of shop time and funds for rare parts. My oldest is a Mac pro 650. It is a HEAVY saw for it's cc. Love it, slow , steady, unyielding like a tank. Not a work saw like my Stihls and Echo topper. I enjoy old and new stuff. Gotta appreciate how we got to here with the 2smokers.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, I am a spectator of the old stuff. Haven't done rebuilds on the older ones due to lack of shop time and funds for rare parts. My oldest is a Mac pro 650. It is a HEAVY saw for it's cc. Love it, slow , steady, unyielding like a tank. Not a work saw like my Stihls and Echo topper. I enjoy old and new stuff. Gotta appreciate how we got to here with the 2smokers.

Well said Sir. ;)