Supmix chainsaw

docdolittle

Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had information on Supmix chainsaws. They are sold on Amazon but I can’t find out much about them. Reviews I have read are pretty positive.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Information? Not from personal use- however, these show up under all kinds of "go faster" names, but are all the same tinny copy cat of a Japanese saw that was of higher build quality.
In my opinion, you are saving money in your head only, buy cheap and long lasting quality do not go hand in hand- generally these seem to be the cheapest build, lowest quality of the copy cat saws available- lower even than Farmertec and that is saying something!
Reviews you see are usually glowing because they simply do not publish the bad ones and reviews are posted soon after unboxing and initial start up- not after a season of wood cutting (if the saw lasts a season!).

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for your insight

My insight is formed from having lots of these type of saw bought to me for repair - over here they are sold under the name FORESTER among others.
Above is just my opinion, for the same money I can buy a known brand saw and fix it up, so for me it is a no brainer- but I also have a shed full of parts and parts saws.
For VERY light homeowner use, they might be okay for a wee while- for semi serious use- I would be looking elsewhere.

docdolittle

Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
I don’t plan to do any logging mainly just cutting firewood, that being said I don’t want to be in the forest just to have saw fail and waste time and gas money for nothing. About what you said about having a lot of parts saw a friend of mine is looking for some parts from a McCullough Mini Max 30, you wouldn’t have any for them would you?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t plan to do any logging mainly just cutting firewood, that being said I don’t want to be in the forest just to have saw fail and waste time and gas money for nothing. About what you said about having a lot of parts saw a friend of mine is looking for some parts from a McCullough Mini Max 30, you wouldn’t have any for them would you?

Um, no- American saws were not hugely popular here and if I did- shipping them clear over the Pacific Ocean would be one heck of a costly Mini Max part.