Stihl 044 wanted

Fabz

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a runs/cuts as it should o44 . Not looking to pay $1000 or whatever crazy eBay price

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been able to obtain 2 044s ... one is a decent runner , the other needs some new parts (gas tank / trigger assembly/ carb etc) to bring it up to snuff.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think ol’bird legs “wood” approve of this 0 farty - far ... It was modded by yours truly ... stock porting / squish and she’ll give some guys ported / machined / high compression saws fits! 😂 2B772C6C-DEA1-4E23-954C-8859D255689D.jpeg

Nutball

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Just announced yesterday, someone in Michigan is having a 044 buildoff, and race chain buildoff to be run on a stock 044. Cash prize too. You should attend and show them what you got having 2 saws to get a good build figured out. Woods port only, Farmertec builds allowed, but stock intake with filter. Take a few videos of your saws against others for your channel.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I already know what I have 😂. I have No need to send a saw to Dyno Joe or drive 300-400mi to participate in an 044 build-off and freeze my derrière off in the middle of January! The 044 above has stock porting , velocity stack with 2-stage uni oiled foam filter and a Bush King muffler and throttle response is phenomenal! As soon as it warms up it’ll go in some wood. Already have videos of saws on my channel equaling or beating several “known” builders and several that have not been uploaded featuring a certain monkeys saw on account of the owner. There’s also a guy that recently emailed me from Rochester NY, owns tree service and is a member of the “other” forum - KW trees is his handle iirc ... Not sure what the weather is in Mt Juliet Tennessee but here in NY it’s saw building time , not cutting time - too damn cold with a bitter wind rollin off Lake Erie

Nutball

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not out much in this relatively mild weather here, I hate cold.

The date is a mild weathered May 21. In person GTG's are nice, you find most people come across as much better than they appear online, and it can help reputation of one's product. I think the winning saw may even get a free dyno run if I understand correctly, though Joe isn't hosting.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure most would be on their best-behavior in person, most keyboard warriors tend to zip it 🤐 when the threat of a well deserved jaw-jacking is staring them right in the face. End of May is more conducive to playin with saws for sure! Later 😁

Nutball

Local time
Reaction score
BTW, what model years are your 044's? I was just now read by accident the 2000 and later models have the most powerful cylinders

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Slant fin KS cylinder no decomp. 044 1988-2001 years produced

R&R

Local time
Reaction score
I already know what I have 😂. I have No need to send a saw to Dyno Joe or drive 300-400mi to participate in an 044 build-off and freeze my derrière off in the middle of January! The 044 above has stock porting , velocity stack with 2-stage uni oiled foam filter and a Bush King muffler and throttle response is phenomenal! As soon as it warms up it’ll go in some wood. Already have videos of saws on my channel equaling or beating several “known” builders and several that have not been uploaded featuring a certain monkeys saw on account of the owner. There’s also a guy that recently emailed me from Rochester NY, owns tree service and is a member of the “other” forum - KW trees is his handle iirc ... Not sure what the weather is in Mt Juliet Tennessee but here in NY it’s saw building time , not cutting time - too damn cold with a bitter wind rollin off Lake Erie
How is that possible? Need to run them side by side in same log, same time, same temp, same air. Common on, you call those people out as not building faster saws than yours. I am sure guys attending GTG's will keep it civil, so they can see how your saws perform against theirs.

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
What do you mean “how is that possible”? I’ve got the video proof on my channel if you can be bothered to take a look. I’m not saying I build the “fastest saws” either(though I can make mine cut quicker if desired with perhaps decreased longevity) A 3 cut Jonnys gonna require a different approach than an all day worksaw, that’s a no brainer! I’ve got more video proof that I haven’t put on my channel because the saw owner (who had saws built by several “known builders”) asked me respectfully not to. Perhaps Master Wong can put it in perspective for you ...

R&R

Local time
Reaction score
What do you mean “how is that possible”? I’ve got the video proof on my channel if you can be bothered to take a look. I’m not saying I build the “fastest saws” either(though I can make mine cut quicker if desired with perhaps decreased longevity) A 3 cut Jonnys gonna require a different approach than an all day worksaw, that’s a no brainer! I’ve got more video proof that I haven’t put on my channel because the saw owner (who had saws built by several “known builders”) asked me respectfully not to. Perhaps Master Wong can put it in perspective for you ...
I agree with him, stop bragging about how fast you can make a saw. Who cares!

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with him too. That’s why I posted the video 😀. I don’t hafts to outrun the bear ... just gotta outrun U 😂

Fabz

Local time
Reaction score
Pffft ... Think so? I don’t .... just keep pullin on my tail and watch what happens. Don’t mean nuthin to me and sure as heck ain’t gonna affect my bottom-line pal. Later 😂