Poulan 2000 Type II Fuel Line routing mystery !? HELP !

ToroTedII

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
I have a Poulan 2000 type II chain saw that needs to have a new fuel line and a fuel filter installed .
Yes it does run , I put some mix down the carb and it started right up !
I have seen the the blow ups for parts but they don't show you much !
There is a connections at the carb, then you go thru the handle and then there is this double ended connector.
It goes from the top of the body to the fuel tank. Just how are you supposed to make the connection in the tank ?
I poked down that hole next to the handle and it get stopped by something !
Can this be done ? What else has to come apart ?
MANY THANKS, Ted

Attachments

• 2PoulC.jpg
    2PoulC.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2PoulC1.jpg
    2PoulC1.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1
  • 2PoulC2.jpg
    2PoulC2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2PoulC3.jpg
    2PoulC3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
Split the cases in half, remove the tank and start there- you need the correct inner and outer diameter Tygon line as it is a snug fit to the top of the black tank- but not that tight that it restricts the inner diameter and cuts off the fuel.
Short section of line with filter fitted goes up through the tank, into the bottom of the handle and into the two way connector- then next section from the connector into the handle and up into the air box.

ToroTedII

Local time
Reaction score
Split the cases in half, remove the tank and start there- you need the correct inner and outer diameter Tygon line as it is a snug fit to the top of the black tank- but not that tight that it restricts the inner diameter and cuts off the fuel.
Short section of line with filter fitted goes up through the tank, into the bottom of the handle and into the two way connector- then next section from the connector into the handle and up into the air box.
Thanks so much ..... I think ! Sounds tricky to me !

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Fairly straight forward- just observe how the old line was routed and put the new one back in reverse.
There are some tricks of the trade- like cutting the line at a steep angle to pull through the tank- using a draw wire to feed the line from tank fill to line exit, hemostat pliers to pull the line through the tight tank exit hole.
I have only ever done MICRO XXV's but they are pretty much the exact same.

ToroTedII

Local time
Reaction score
Fairly straight forward- just observe how the old line was routed and put the new one back in reverse.
There are some tricks of the trade- like cutting the line at a steep angle to pull through the tank- using a draw wire to feed the line from tank fill to line exit, hemostat pliers to pull the line through the tight tank exit hole.
I have only ever done MICRO XXV's but they are pretty much the exact same.
It sounds like your saying I don't need to split the case ?
Just cut the line at a steep angle , and pull thru with hemostats ? Which I own , need to find !
The routing thing is tricky , since it's disintegrated ! See picture.
I have only found chunks of old fuel line .
But I'll guess , it starts at carb, goes thru body, into handle, out of there, and then there's that double nipple connector that is at the bottom of the handle and just above the tank . Just how to you make that connection on the other side of the double nipple ( pictured with new fuel hose, filter ) ?

Attachments

• 2PoulC5.jpg
    2PoulC5.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
It sounds like your saying I don't need to split the case ?
Just cut the line at a steep angle , and pull thru with hemostats ? Which I own , need to find !
The routing thing is tricky , since it's disintegrated ! See picture.
I have only found chunks of old fuel line .
But I'll guess , it starts at carb, goes thru body, into handle, out of there, and then there's that double nipple connector that is at the bottom of the handle and just above the tank . Just how to you make that connection on the other side of the double nipple ( pictured with new fuel hose, filter ) ?

You have to "split" the case in so much as you take the clutch cover side of the case off fully by removing the bar nut and the screw at the rear of the handle and take that half of the "case" off- not like splitting the crankcase of a bigger more modern saw.
Remove the black plastic fuel tank as a whole and work on that end of things outside of the main saw body.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Here is a bad video to follow- do not drill the tank hole bigger!
Line should be 5/16 outside diameter and a snug pull fit to the tank- not a loose push fit as he shows.

Can perhaps give you a better step by step in 10-12 hours, Bit busy at the moment.