New Fellow

AlSmith

Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
New to the forum and like most everyone we come here to get advice. That's me. I live in Northern Arizona and like to cut all my firewood. I bought a Stihl 024 WoodBoss back in the mid eighties and has worked well for me until this spring. I think I got my money's worth.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
New to the forum and like most everyone we come here to get advice. That's me. I live in Northern Arizona and like to cut all my firewood. I bought a Stihl 024 WoodBoss back in the mid eighties and has worked well for me until this spring. I think I got my money's worth.

The old 024 used to be the smallest rear handle pro grade saw available.
What killed it this Spring? If it were mine I would be repairing it- they piss all over the plastic more modern saws.

AlSmith

Local time
Reaction score
The old 024 used to be the smallest rear handle pro grade saw available.
What killed it this Spring? If it were mine I would be repairing it- they piss all over the plastic more modern saws.
What killed it was me. I didn't run out the fuel and it sat for the winter. Well I ordered a carburetor yesterday and I'm praying it'll fix it. Of course it'll be some Chinese junk, but if it works...

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
What killed it was me. I didn't run out the fuel and it sat for the winter. Well I ordered a carburetor yesterday and I'm praying it'll fix it. Of course it'll be some Chinese junk, but if it works...

Do not put an aftermarket carb in it- clean out and kit the original one- splash out and put new impulse, fuel and manifold rubbers in it.
It will run for another 40 years.

Last edited:

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Having a difficult time locating a carb kit for it. I'll keep looking.

Which carb does it have on it currently? Walbro or Tillotson?
If Walbro and original it is probably a WT 22- which was replaced by the WT 194.
So if you want to replace the whole carb- WT 194.
Kit for both should be WAT 20 (? from memory)

AlSmith

Local time
Reaction score
Which carb does it have on it currently? Walbro or Tillotson?
If Walbro and original it is probably a WT 22- which was replaced by the WT 194.
So if you want to replace the whole carb- WT 194.
Kit for both should be WAT 20 (? from memory)
WHOA!!!! It's the Walbro WT-22B. I will look for the WT-194 I'll let ya know how I do. Thanks.